Ophthalmologist – Full-time – Ophthalmology Practice – Sewickley, PA
About Our Practice
With over 50 years of expertise, our ophthalmology practice is here to care for our community’s comprehensive health, whether it be cataracts, laser, LASIK, contact lenses, or glasses dispensing. We have multiple doctors that specialize in a variety of eye surgeries, and our friendly associates prioritize educating our patients throughout their care!
Ophthalmologist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for an experienced and personable general Ophthalmologist to join our team! Our ophthalmologist will have the opportunity to handle cataract surgeries, glaucoma LASIK treatments, medical testing, and medical exams. General MD, prefer a general MD with potential with oculoplastics or retina background would be a plus Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Perform routine and advanced corrective surgeries to improve eyesight or repair ocular injury
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Perform therapeutic procedures and biopsies
- Build strong doctor-patient relationships
- Handle eyecare emergencies
- Comfortable in both a clinical setting and performing surgery
- Self-starter with a desire to grow the business
Ophthalmologist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A medical degree in ophthalmology
- Successful completion of an ophthalmology internship/residency
- Valid state license to practice ophthalmology
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
Environment: Our new MD will have the opportunity to work alongside a fantastic team comprised of 2MDS, 2ODS, 3 techs (2 have scribing experience) 3 front desk, and 2 surgical schedulers. Our office is equipped with an OCT, IOL Masters 700, pentacam, VF, topography machine, 2 SLT lasers, 1 YAG Laser, cell count machine, small procedure room, high powered microscope, surgical support for eyelid procedures, retinal laser, and optos!
Opportunity: This is an excellent opportunity to practice somewhere that values your clinical skills and values your work-life balance. We’re looking for our new MD to work M-F, 8 to 4:30 with no weekends!
Location: The Sewickley Valley is beautiful in appearance and rich in history. From its bustling business district to its range of great amenities, Sewickley has a plethora of character and culture packed into its easily traversable and safe streets.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a negotiable, production-based salary and are open to equity. This is an opportunity with tons of room for growth and a lot of opportunity to grow the practice! We also offer a benefits package including:
- scrubs and jackets
- 401k w/ match
- Relocation assistance and/or sign-on bonus
- Open to partnership
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare®!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!