Glaucoma Specialist – Full-time – Ophthalmology Practice – San Marcos, TX
About Our Practice
At our ophthalmology practice, we believe that bringing the latest diagnostic technologies to our patients is about more than being the best – it’s about delivering the best. As leaders in the field, we strive to deliver the best eye care services that suit each individual patient’s needs. We are continuously investing in new training opportunities for our staff and technological equipment to improve our facilities and services. To this end, we are looking to bring on a We are searching for an experienced and personable Ophthalmologist to join our team!
Ophthalmologist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Perform routine and advanced corrective surgeries to improve eyesight or repair ocular injuries
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Perform therapeutic procedures and biopsies
- Build strong doctor-patient relationships
- Handle eyecare emergencies
- Comfortable in both a clinical setting and performing surgery
- Travel to our satellite clinics in Kyle and Wimberley as needed
Ophthalmologist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A medical degree in ophthalmology
- Successful completion of an ophthalmology internship/residency
- Valid TX state license to practice ophthalmology
- General ophthalmology or glaucoma specialty
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Interested in being with the organization long-term
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
Environment: You will love coming to work in our friendly and busy environment. You will have the aid of our main office, a variety of other doctors, and every member of our office staff to support you. You will have all the modern technology you need to be successful, and a schedule of 30 patients per day and 5-8 surgeries per week, allowing you plenty of time to provide your best care to each patient!
Opportunity: This is an incredible opportunity to train and work with renowned ophthalmologists at a location with lots of potential for growth depending on your comfort level!
Location: San Marcos is a charming college town halfway between Austin and San Antonio known for the country's largest outlet mall, a historic downtown square, and tons of waterways to kayak or paddleboard. With a plethora of activities and an actively growing and bustling population, San Marcos is (and has been voted several times) one of the best places to raise a family!
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) around 225 to 300k and a production bonus, as well as benefits including:
- Partnership option available
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!