Requisition ID: 798967
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite the imagination through the fusion of art and science. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading optical technology, the company manufactures and distributes high performance sunglasses, prescription lenses and frames, goggles, apparel, footwear, and accessories.
The essence of the brand is communicated through hundreds of professional and amateur athletes who depend on Oakley products to provide them with the very best while they redefine what is physically possible.
Oakley is part of Luxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to other global brands like Ray-Ban and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; LensCrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
The Licensed Optician fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames. The Optician also supports and assists the Management team in achieving all customer service and sales goals by learning and maintaining knowledge of the policies and procedures necessary for opening, closing, and operating the store.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames.
- Utilizes optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Assists customers in the selection of frames and coordinates frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Conducts measurements of bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools.
- Provides optical service to customers as required by State law and demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Achieves high levels of sales performance and results.
- Partners with store management team to support the retail sales team, encouraging a winning-attitude and enabling the team to meet or exceed sales goals and achieve consistently high levels of customer service.
- Assists the store team in maintaining the store's visual objectives and housekeeping standards by straightening merchandise and assisting in floor and fixture changes.
- Any other tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of retail sales experience within a specialty environment
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
- State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianary association as an optician
- Optical dispensing experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis
- Knowledge of Oakley, Inc. and Oakley products
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and sports-minded individual
One of the largest ophthalmic companies in the world that provides eyecare professionals job opportunities across many well known brands in employed, sublease, or franchise opportunities in the United States and Canada. Learn more »