Optician - Full-time - Optician Practice – Westport CT
About the Practice
Doctor & Associates PC, is a busy private Ophthalmology practice with 3 locations looking for an experienced and motivated Ophthalmic Technician to join our team. We’re looking for a dependable technician who takes pride in the kind of quality care that has defined our practice for the last 40 years. If providing care is your first and foremost focus, apply today!
About the Optician Position
The Licensed Optician assists Eyewear @ Willows stores to success by building and maintaining a strong client following. Consistently delivers an exceptional experience in order to exceed service and sales expectations. Support the Store Manager in ensuring that all optical quality controls are in compliance
As an Optician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Maintains extremely high standards of sales and service.
- Meets and exceeds all client service and sales standards by consistently delivering an exceptional experience.
- Connects and develops strong relationships with customers in order to build and maintain a strong client following.
- Expertly guides customers in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle, wardrobe, RX and price needs.
- Demonstrates flawless accuracy in taking and recording measurements, adjusting and fitting eyewear, and execution of all details.
- Ensures finished eyewear meets the Eyewear @ Willows standard of flawless accuracy.
- Stays current on product knowledge and fashion trends in order to drive sales.
- Maintains presentation standards both on the sales floor and back office.
- Maintains inventory controls.
- Understands and supports all Eyewear @ Willows policies and procedures.
- Trains and mentors Managers and Associates.
- Supports set-up and execution of all events.
- Exemplifies the Eyewear @ Willows vision, mission and values; celebrates Wins; leads by example.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianary association as an optician
- 2+ years sales experience in the luxury service industry
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
- Natural ability in building a client following
- Sales Experience
- Polished Appearance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and result driven
- Computer skills
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- Environment - As a group, we value our community, and our employees and team members are members of that community. You will be working alongside our fantastic and knowledgeable providers, comprised of three surgeons.
- Compensation & Benefits - Competitive pay, commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health and dental insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Retirement benefits
- Educational allowance
- 401k Match up to 4%
If you are an optimistic and experienced Ophthalmic Technician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here today through Eyes On Eyecare!