Optician – Full-Time – Academia/research-based facility – Boston, MA, USA
About our Practice
Our faciity is one of the most comprehensive eye care centers in the region, offering primary and advanced eye care in our state-of-the-art Boston clinics.
About the Optician Position
We're looking for an optician to work the following schedule: Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 7pm, Friday: 8:30am – 4pm, Saturday: 8am – 1:30pm, and no Sundays!
Optician Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing exceptional service to patients seeking optical devices (frame selection, lens selection, fittings, etc.
- Working with other teams to increase capture rates from vision services to frame and CL orders
- Reviewing and approving all materials orders to maximize revenue, capture rate and reimbursements, and minimize loss
- Understanding vision insurance plans and identifying strategies to maximize optical revenue with a wide variety of insurances;
- The optician will work closely with another lead optician in a highly collaborative, professional eye center. We expect the optician to forge a successful professional partnership with the lead optician, the front desk and our clinical faculty.
- Working in the edging lab and ensuring safety, efficiency and quality in materials production;
- Leveraging the EHR (Compulink), online ordering protocols, and using the latest optical center technology to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Evaluating and reporting on sales data and productivity;
- Administrative duties as required.
- Current Massachusetts optician license required
- Previous experience as dispensing optician and in optical sales
- Experience in the use of Electronic Health Records, ideally Compulink.
- Excellent interprofessional skills
- The optician position will require working 1-2 Saturdays per month (8am-2pm)
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our staff well with a competitive salary of $66,000 as well as benefits including:
- 3 plan options for BCBS medical coverage (employer subsidized at 75% or greater)
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- BCBS Dental
- Discounted vision services
- 13 paid holidays and generous paid time off for sick, vacation, and personal days
- Employer-paid life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary Insurance: life, critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident,
- Voluntary Benefits: employee discounts and pet insurance
- 9% employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan after 1 year of service with no vesting schedule or match requirement
- Qualified Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employer
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!