Are you looking for a gratifying profession that helps better lives through the gift of sight?
Emery Eye Center is currently seeking full and part time Clinical Opticians. This position is cross-trained and will work closely with the doctor and team to facilitate optimum patient care and nurture a great team culture. We are a one location, privately owned, full-service eye care facility that concentrates on the patients' visual well-being.
- Advise patients regarding lens materials, products and design
- Analyze and interpret prescriptions
- Recommend frame selections
- Accurately measure, order and track patients' eyewear purchases
- Verify, adjust and dispense eyeglasses
- Understand Insurance and Vision Care plans regarding eyewear billing
- Assist in inventory acquisition, management and returns
- Organize and maintain optical area for a professional environment
- Accurately edge lenses and maintain equipment.
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- Qualified applicants should possess at least two years of experience as a qualified optician
- ABO Certification is a plus but not required
- Positive, can-do attitude, with ability to work efficiently and relate well with others
- Attendance, dependability and accountability
- Great written/verbal communication and math skills
- Proficiency in using computer and basic office equipment, including Office 365, and ability to learn new EMR systems, instruments and technology
- Reliable transportation
- One to two evenings per week are required
- Experience in all aspects of optical sales and service is required.
Benefits & Pay
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
- No weekend hours.
- Plus, eye care benefits, retirement plan, professional development assistance and more.
- Pay is commensurate with skill and experience.
Look forward to meeting you. Apply today through Eyes On Eyecare!