Licensed or Unlicensed Optician - Full-Time/Part-Time - Private Practice - Bronx, NY
About the Practice
In our team-driven atmosphere, our doctors and staff work together with clinical accuracy and efficiency to achieve extraordinary patient outcomes and positive and unique patient experiences. As a neighborhood professional vision center, our staff, opticians, and doctors provide a family feel to each other and all patients. We are also a teaching site for SUNY Optometry, which translates into professional growth for all of our staff. Working at Eye Care Unlimited is a rewarding career opportunity for eyecare professionals in opticianry and optometry!
What You’ll Need:
- Experience as an Optician is required
- A personable, compassionate individual who can bring a positive attitude and personality to our office environment.
- The willingness to work, learn and grow with colleagues
Why Work Here?
Environment: Voted “Best Optometry Practice in the Bronx", our team-driven atmosphere allows us to excel in providing a fantastic overall patient experience. We are a learning center for SUNY and a CUNY site for prospective professionals. Our staff is highly trained to support Drs AJ Contento, Evan Kaplan, and Annette Contento with diagnostic testing, assisting with dry eye & glaucoma testing, Visual Fields, Automatic optical equipment, and EHR.
What You’ll Do:
As an optician in our practice, you will be able to practice full scope. You can look forward to exciting day-to-day interactions with patients, including:
- Customer service excellence in the optical
- Fitting, adjusting, and dispensing of spectacles
- Inspecting contact lenses and helping with insertion and removal on occasion
- Patient education regarding premium products!!!
- Scheduling patients and insurance questions
- In-office edging (on occasion) We have a Full Time Benchman and Lab Assistant
- General office duties and support, We have a Full-time Optical Manager and Biller
Schedule & Compensation:
We value work-life balance for working parents which means whether you’re working part-time (15-35 hours per week) or full-time (35-40 hours per week) we will try to accommodate your schedule. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages:
- Health Insurance is available
- Retirement Plans and matching available
- Family Vision Care in our office
- Paid Time Off
- A negotiable salary range starting at $40,000-$75,000 depending on experience, licensure, and skillset.
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Eye Care Unlimited is conveniently located in a safe North East Bronx Community where we have been practicing for 30+ years and where Dr. Contento was born and raised. The Bronx office is 1/2 a block from the 6 train leading directly to NYC. Dr. Kaplan is a world-renowned Contact lens specialist who brings in exciting patients from outside of our community. We pride ourselves on is having a great team. We are looking for a great culture fit as well as a long-term solution. While we have grown with some new faces, some of our team members have been with the practice for 30 or more years. We are seeking the right individual who is looking for a long-term position in a well-established, professional, growing practice. This is a career, NOT just a job. If you possess these qualifications, we want YOU!!! Apply through Eyes On Eyecare!
It is an exciting time to join us at www.EyeDoctorsBronx.com. Please forward a 1.) Cover Letter and 2.) Resumé to Pat Kaplan (office manager) and Dr. AJ Contento to begin a great career in full scope Eye Care. Locations at Eye Care Unlimited 1748 Crosby Avenue and 1086 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461 Crosby 718-792-2020 MP 718-892-7000