Optician – Part time or Full time - Private Practice - Long Island, NY
About the Practice
We are a family-owned private optical boutique practice on the “Gold Coast” of Long Island offering full-service eyecare. We have a full-time optometrist that provides customized care to our patients. We are looking for an optician passionate about all aspects of eyecare. The ideal candidate is responsible and committed to providing premium customer service.
If you are a personable and hardworking Optician looking to work at a practice where we truly care for our patients and always provide our best care, apply today!
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Compensation - We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer 401K, quarterly bonuses when applicable, complimentary eyewear, and contact lenses.
- Location - Our passionate owner, Dr. Elisa F. de Junco, OD, with son, Brian de Junco, runs a family-friendly practice, providing a unique experience for all patients of all ages. Dr. de Junco has over 33 years of experience as an optometrist, having worked in all areas of eye care (private practice, ophthalmology, dry eye specialty, hospital-based eye care, and retail). Drawing on these experiences, she brings extensive knowledge and provides an outstanding eye exam and prescription eyeglass fitting experience to each patient at East Norwich Optics.
What You’ll Do:
As an optician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Assist in frame selection and educate the patient on ophthalmic lens choices.
- Frame adjustments and repairs.
- Order, edge and dispense glasses. Must be able to cut single-vision, PAL, grooved, and rimless glasses
- Be familiar with contact lens brands – is not responsible for contact lens training.
- Verify lenses and prescriptions with lensometer.
What You’ll Need:
- Amicable personality
- Licensed optician in NY State with updated license
- Knowledge in retrieving authorizations and submitting claims for VSP, Eyemed, and Spectera
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with Compulink software a plus
- Should be familiar with a Santanelli Lexce machine
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through Eyes On Eyecare®!