Optician/Optical Asst. Full-time / Part-time - Private Practice - Westchester County, NY
About the Practice
For over 30 years, we have made it our mission to provide quality eye care in a setting that is welcoming to all. We are a family optometry practice that prides itself on the individual care and attention we provide to all of our patients. If you are a personable and hardworking Optician looking to take the next step in your career, apply today!
What You’ll Do:
As an optician /optical Asst. in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Receive customers' prescriptions for eyeglasses or contact lenses from our Doctors of Optometry
- Pre-test patients and take eyewear measurements and adjust eyewear to ensure a good fit
- Educate customers about eyewear and help customers choose eyeglass frames and lenses
- Perform business and administrative tasks, such as handling sales
- Ordering and dispensing eyeglasses
- Handling and authorizing patient Insurance
What You’ll Need:
- Friendly personality and expert multitasking skills
- Team player mentality with a dependable work ethic
- Desire to learn and grow with the practice
- Keen attention to detail
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Environment - You’ll love coming to work in our family-friendly atmosphere! Our friendly team and returning customers will make you feel right at home. We’re committed to making every experience unique to our patients and our team’s needs!
- Compensation - We offer a competitive pay of 25-34 hourly, commensurate with experience, as well as 401k and health insurance after 90 days!
- Location - At our boutique private practice we always take pride in our customer service and in offering a personalized touch to the families of our community. Westchester County is known for top-notch public schools, high quality of life, its unique blend of bustling cities, quaint villages and picturesque towns, and its network of beautiful parks!
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply today here through Eyes On Eyecare®!