Requisition ID: 798650
Store #: 000541 LensCrafters
LensCrafters is a place for visionaries. We’ve got a vision for pairing state-of-the-art technology with a truly personal approach to eye care. Everything we do is centered around sight. Because quality care helps us see the joy in life. Because learning from the best, makes us all better. Because continuing our legacy of the highest optical standards helps us innovate the future in optical care.
At LensCrafters, we want every person who enters our doors to feel our passion for care. And that's why we’re committed to taking care of you, so you can bring the best quality experience to our patients and customers.
LensCrafters is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses.
The Licensed Optician delivers the brand value proposition & helps establish LensCrafters as the premier destination for all vision needs within the community. Creates exceptional value in the lives of customers by delivering legendary customer service & perfectly crafted high quality eyewear which exceeds our customers’ expectations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets all customers with a warm welcome right away, exchanges names, & ensures they know what to expect. Shows urgency in providing service to customers & satisfying their needs.
- Custom fits glasses & precisely places prescription in lenses.
- Acts as a leader in optical acumen that provides a voice for associates.
- Takes & records measurements, adjusts or fits eyewear correctly, thorough & exact in details; ensures finished eyewear meets standards & customer requirements.
- Attracts new customers.
- Explores the needs & priorities of customers by asking open ended questions.
- Is attentive to details, asks follow up questions for clarity, reads verbal/non-verbal cues; reviews prescriptions & identifies special needs, consults with Optician as needed.
- Assists co-workers with difficult or complex areas of product needs & prescriptions.
- Utilizes store tools & adheres to Brand Store Commitments.
- Performs work accurately & thoroughly utilizing all technology despite time pressure & customer volume. Demonstrates superior product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features & benefits of various lenses & frames using appropriate tools. Reinforces customers’ final selection.
- Anticipates problems; explores underlying reasons for customer issues; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems & ensures customers are satisfied & expectations are exceeded. Acts quickly for resolution. Partners with management as necessary.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, prioritize & manage time with competing priorities.
- Commits to delivery date & time, seeks feedback & asks for referrals.
- Strives to achieve exceptional results on Brand KPIs & competencies.
- Presents, celebrates & educates at pick up.
- Takes pride in store appearance, shows initiative to keep store clean, attractive & organized. Secures & protects company assets in your control.
- Informs management of safety opportunities; demonstrates safe work practices.
- Possesses a “can do” spirit & strong drive for results; self-motivated with a desire for continual learning & improvement.
- Adheres to company policies & procedure, including but not limited to discounting, promotions & inventory management.
- Sells on your feet 80%-100% of the time.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed (i.e. customer calls, dispensing eyewear, etc.).
- Maintains proper dress code, including name tag & associate tablet.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- State Licensure
- Optical dispensing experience
- Strong customer service skills: communicator, listener & team builder
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- Strong basic math skills
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Selling skills – ability to use & carry an iPAD/tablet
- Familiarity with POS, computers & calculators
- Embrace new technology & change
- Previous customer service & retail experience
One of the largest ophthalmic companies in the world that provides eyecare professionals job opportunities across many well known brands in employed, sublease, or franchise opportunities in the United States and Canada. Learn more »