Manufacturing Optician - Finishing Production Associate - Optical - Full-Time - Pittsburgh, PA
About the Company
Three Rivers Optical, based out of Pittsburgh, PA, has a 50+ year history as a leading independent optical laboratory serving its customers across the country with exceptional service and quality. Three Rivers Optical produces lenses for the top manufacturers, as well as its own private label, in a full-service laboratory.
Since 1969, Three Rivers Optical has operated a fully integrated optical lab, providing consulting services to ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opticians through dedicated customer service, sales, and technology teams. Our leading technical expertise and manufacturing capabilities make us a leader in the industry, serving the independent optometric practice.
As an employee in the finishing department, you will play a critical role in the final manufacturing steps of eyeglasses, ensuring top-tier customer service. As a production associate, you will be cross-trained in a variety of areas in the department, including, but not limited to:
- Mounting lenses in basic metal, semi-rimless, and plastic frames
- Operating and cleaning automated edgers
- Completing manual edging
- Assembling and/or repairing drill mount eyewear as needed
- The employee may also be asked to perform other tasks at several different production stations within the company in order to maintain an acceptable and proficient job flow.
- Mount, edge, and shape lenses to fit precisely into frames using lens edgers and cutting machines.
- Perform repairs or adjustments to frames as needed, including soldering, bending, and replacing parts.
- Operate and inspect automated edgers as needed.
- Inspect finished lenses and assemble eyeglasses.
- Complete manual edging when needed.
- Mount lenses in basic metal, semi-rimless, and plastic frames.
- Assemble and/or repair drill mount eyewear as needed.
- Perform other tasks at several different production stations as needed in order to maintain acceptable job flow.
- Support Customer Service and Shipping as needed.
- Experience as an optician, or experience in an optometry practice or lab setting
- Experience in optometry or manufacturing is ideal but not required
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, typically 8 am – 5 pm
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and bend, twist, and crouch as needed.
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork.
- Interest in cross-training in other departments and advancing career
- Work is performed primarily in an optical laboratory setting.
- Environment is often fast-paced and deadline oriented.
- May work alone in lab as necessary or with partner.
- May be working primarily with small manual tools (screwdriver, pliers, etc.), lenses and automated laboratory equipment.
- Highly collaborative working environment.
- Opportunities to advance career after learning new skills.
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Vision Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Ability to work Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm - No weekend work