Requisition ID: 833528
Store #: 00B095 South Center O Store
At Oakley, we believe everyone in the world can and will become better. We’re cultivating a safe and inclusive environment where all voices can evoke meaningful and purposeful change. When you’re free to be the best version of yourself is when you can Be Who You Are.
With us, you’ll be part of a team that’s influencing athletes, whether they’re running in your neighborhood or standing on an Olympic podium. Together we bring the latest in advanced eyewear technology and apparel innovation to our athletes and our customers. Every day at Oakley is a chance to grow, go further and achieve more.
Oakley is part of EssilorLuxottica, a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of ophthalmic lenses, frames and sunglasses.
As an Optician you will act as an ambassador for Oakley with the aim to educate and push the boundaries of what is possible through elevating performance of our customers; both on and off the field. As a business leader within Oakley Retail, you will engage the community, inspire learning among the team, grow the business through exceptional customer service, and ensure Oakley customers receive the highest performance from our optical products and services.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates an exceptional customer experience and shows urgency in providing service to customers and satisfying their needs.
- Demonstrates superior product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features & benefits of various lenses & frames using appropriate tools to reinforce the customers’ final selection.
- Acts as a leader in optical operations and works in partnership with Store Management to determine growth opportunities for Rx expansion as a driver of the overall business.
- Fosters an environment of learning where all team members become experts in our optical products and service offerings.
- Engages and builds relationships with the local community to attract a new customer base.
- Anticipates problems; explores underlying reasons for customer issues; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems & ensures customers are satisfied and expectations are exceeded. Acts quickly for resolution. Partners with management as necessary.
- Performs work accurately and thoroughly utilizing all technology despite time, pressure, and customer volume, troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Supports daily Retail Operational funtions, follows all operating policies & procedures and partners with all members of the management team.
- Take pride in store appearance, shows initiative to assists the store team in maintaining the store's visual objectives, housekeeping standards, and assisting with floor and fixture changes.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed in support of the overall operations of the store/business.
- Helps foster an inclusive culture by treating customers and colleagues with respect.
- Current State Optician License
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
- 1+ years of retail sales experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule and the hours necessary to open and/or close the store, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room
- Ability to maneuver merchandise and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Physical activities include engaging in repetitive motions, bending, kneeling, twisting, stretching, squatting, pushing, pulling, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, reaching and/or using a step stool on a frequent basis
- Optical dispensing experience