Optometric Technician - Full-time - Private Practice - Suwanee, GA
About the Role
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that all patients are receiving the best quality of care at all times. The role is primarily responsible for assisting the Optometrist in patient care while demonstrating how we love eyes, care about the people behind them, and execute a flawless patient experience.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Pre-screen patients before they see the optometrist, including the administration of diagnostic tests
- Gather patient’s medical history
- Communicating with doctors, staff, and patients
- Answer phone calls, greet patients and schedule appointments
- Educate patients on their insurance coverage and vision benefits
- Train patients on proper contact lens use and care
- Obtain insurance authorizations and verification of benefits
- Accurately post charges for exam fees, co-pays, and products sold
- Assist other members of the team as needed to reach individual and team goals
- Accurately and thoroughly document optometry exams and procedures as they are being performed by the doctor.
- List all appropriate diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions as directed by the doctor.
- Coordinate patient scheduling and monitor patient flow throughout the office, properly communicating delays
Experience & Skills
Excellent customer service skills and personal presentation are critical to this role. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience and the following qualifications:
- CPO & CPOA preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to do basic math
- Team player with good interpersonal and listening skills
- Passion for self-improvement and continuing education
- Must be flexible to accommodate schedule change(s) on short notice to fulfill business needs
- Previous experience as an Optometric Technician
- Previous experience with electronic medical records
Other Duties & Information
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This position reports to the Practice Manager or their designee.
Status: Full-time (FT)