Optician- Private Practice - PT/FT
About the Practice
We are seeking a highly motivated and compassionate individual to join our dedicated team as an optician and front desk coordinator. As an essential member of our optometry practice, you will play a crucial role in providing exceptional care for our patients and contributing with administrative tasks. This position offers an exciting opportunity for growth and professional development.
About the Optician Position
Our new Optician will be an integral member of our team! We are searching for an experienced optician to join our growing practice.
As an Optician in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Frame styling and lens selection based on individual patient needs.
- Ability to communicate and educate Dr. recommendations.
- Frame adjustment and fitting.
- Accurate patient billing and lab orders.
- Optical inventory and budgets.
- VCP Insurance billing
- Patient scheduling.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in an optometric or ophthalmology practice is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of current ophthalmic lens designs, coatings and options.
- Proficient in frame styling, adjustment, lens selection and measurements.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and sales skills.
- Friendly, energetic and fashion-forward!
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with electronic health records.
- Experience with VCP insurance billing desirable
- Willingness to learn. We are happy and willing to train the right candidate.
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity
- Hourly wage: competitive based on experience
- Health Insurance- BCBS
- Simple 401 K
- PTO and Holidays
- Voluntary Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Dental
- Educational assistance
- Optical Benefits
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here, today through Eyes On Eyecare®!