Eye Care Assistant – Full-time – Private practice – 303 Sheppard Rd, Voorhees Township, NJ 08043, USA
About our Practice
Premier private optometry practice seeks Eye Care Assistant. We provide advanced eye care in the areas of specialty contact lenses, cataract and refractive surgery, cornea and external disease, anterior segment, glaucoma, and medical and optical family eye care for patients of all ages. We have 2 office locations in Southern New Jersey in the towns of Voorhees and Woodbury Heights. Our Eye Care Coordinator sets the tone for the patient’s experience from first contact to the last. We seek someone who is smart, friendly and caring and we can teach you the rest!
About the Eye Care Coordinator Position
Our new Eye Care Assistant will be a welcome addition to our team and family who is both personable and welcoming to our patients. A passion for eyecare and general patient health is essential to providing the best experience we can!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Helping with frame selection, education on lens choices and coatings, frame adjustments, and sales.
- Performing and training new contact lens patients on the process of inserting and removing a contact lens from their eye.
- Fully work-up patients, including, but not limited to: Asking pre-testing questions, performing an auto-refraction, measuring IOP, taking retinal photos, running OCT's, visual fields, measuring visual acuity and more.
- Measure single vision, bifocal and progressive glasses prescriptions with a manual lensometer.
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments, verifying insurance, as well as checking patients in and out of the office.
- Submitting vision insurance claims.
- Ordering patient products including frames, lenses, contact lenses, sunglasses, and more.
Compensation and Benefits
We compensate our staff well with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Sick time
- Vacation days
- Retirement plan
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced Optometric Technician looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!