Optometry Assistant /Eye Care Technician – Full-time – Private practice – 303 Sheppard Rd, Voorhees, NJ 08043, USA
About our Practice
Premier private optometry practice seeks Optometry Assistant /Eye Care Technician. We provide advanced eye care in the areas of specialty contact lenses, cataract and refractive surgery, cornea and external disease, anterior segment, glaucoma, and medical and optical family eye care for patients of all ages. We have 2 office locations in Southern New Jersey in the towns of Voorhees and Woodbury Heights. Our Optometry Assistant /Eye Care Technician sets the tone for the patient’s experience from first contact to the last. We seek someone who is smart, friendly and caring and we can teach you the rest!
About the Optometry Assistant / Eye Care Technician Position
Our new Optometry Assistant /Eye Care Technician will be a welcome addition to our team and family who is both personable and welcoming to our patients. A passion for eyecare and general patient health is essential to providing the best experience we can!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Checking in and Checking out for patient visits
- Helping with frame selection, education on lens choices and coatings, frame adjustments, and sales.
- Performing and training new contact lens patients on the process of inserting and removing a contact lens from their eye.
- Fully work-up patients, including, but not limited to: Asking pre-testing questions, performing an auto-refraction, measuring IOP, taking retinal photos, running OCT's, visual fields, measuring visual acuity and more.
- Measure single vision, bifocal and progressive glasses prescriptions.
- Answering phones, booking patient appointments and verifying insurance.
- Submitting vision insurance claims.
- Ordering patient products including frames, lenses, contact lenses, sunglasses, and more.
Compensation and Benefits
We compensate our staff well with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Sick time
- Vacation days
- Retirement plan
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you have experience and want to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!