Optometrist - Part-time/Full-time - Private Practice - Watsonville, CA
*Recent grads and experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
Watsonville Optometry is an established practice of more than 20 years, with friendly staff! Offering comprehensive Eyecare Services in Santa Cruz County. We are looking for a California state-licensed optometrist to work in an established private office with extraordinary service and a skilled bilingual Spanish/English speaking staff. The office enjoys a top-rated community reputation.
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid CA state license to practice optometry
- Prior experience as an Optometrist is welcome but new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Effective communication skills are required and the ability to speak Spanish and English is preferred.
- A clinically sound doctor who can do primary care
- In-depth understanding of eye conditions and vision defects
- Hands-on experience with eye examination tools, such as ophthalmoscope and tonometer
- The ability to explain medical terms simply and calmly
- Attention to detail
- Providing exceptional patient care is essential.
- The ability to maintain professional relationships with the exceptional office staff and other medical offices is required
- The ideal candidate will be an independent professional that is committed, motivated and energetic, and will demonstrate the ability to work with a dynamic and engaged patient mix including children, adults, and the elderly.
Why Work Here?
Exposure: You will gain exposure to a wide range of eye care and vision needs in our full-scope practice with an emphasis on medical optometry! Services include glasses, contacts, eye exams, diagnosis and treatment of eye pathologies, and a wide selection of quality frame brands as well as LASIK consultations.
Environment: Our new OD will always have a strong team supporting them every day. You will have the support of a full-time assistant, allowing for a personal connection and delivery of superior service. There are 5 well-qualified staff members including a practice manager. As a socially responsible business, and in support of a diverse community, we welcome most insurances, including MediCal, as well as private pay. Our staff has years of experience, and our doctors have access to state-of-the-art equipment to provide their best service to each patient.
- Two exam lanes
- an auto refractor/keratometer
- non-contact and Goldman tonometry
- fundus camera
- an automated visual field.
Schedule: NO WEEKENDS OR LATE EVENINGS! Office hours are Mondays & Fridays 8:30 am-5:00 pm and Tues-Thurs 8:30 am-5:30 pm including an hour lunch. We are closed on Saturdays and Sundays!
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Located on the Central Coast of California, 90 miles south of San Francisco, 30 miles north of Monterey, and 35 miles southeast of Silicon Valley, Watsonville is a beautiful destination in the heart of Santa Cruz. This lush agricultural area offers visitors a number of amenities ranging from agriculture tourism to days at the beach, and from wine tasting to rugged hikes.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare®!