Do you have 20/20 vision for your career? Do you love making people see the light? Are you a master of the eye chart? Do you love pizza? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join our Optometric team!
Starting in Summer of 2024 (or sooner). Class of 2024, you are welcome to apply! Flexible schedule!
About Our Practice
We are searching for an OD to join our team. We proudly serve the patients of New Haven, Woodbridge and the surrounding areas with all their optometric needs. Our goal is to provide a unique individualized experience focused on patient care and customer satisfaction. We are a high volume private practice and have a strong loyal patient base coming to us for decades.
From basic refractions to medical cases, we have the equipment required to diagnose and treat everything from eye health disease to visual acuity problems in patients of all ages. You will be joining a three doctor practice and an eight member staff.
Our professional staff allows you to practice at your highest level. Appointments are scheduled to allow you enough time to practice at a comfortable rate. Our well trained technicians prepare each patient for you with a comprehensive battery of testing. We have an extremely well-stocked contact lens supply room of all the major brands and you have the liberty to prescribe what you feel is appropriate.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
Our new OD will be a welcoming addition to our team and family. You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is patient and team-oriented.
Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams. Routine exams are scheduled in 30 minute intervals. Techs will do AR, OCT, Topo, Eidon Photos, perimetry, Olleyes and NCT or Icare tonometry.
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
- We have an excellent on-site lab. Ancillary staff are well trained and will support you well.
- Have a sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Have fun while doing the job you love!
We are looking for someone who fits the culture of this practice; kind, personable, and skilled.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- We reward our doctors well, offer a flexible schedule and provide a competitive salary. Benefits include health insurance, AOA and CAO dues, Eight paid holidays, PTO and $1000.00 yearly toward CE and CE related expenses.
New Haven is the Pizza Capital of America!
P.S. If you can't read this ad clearly, you might need our services too!