Optometrist - Part-Time / Full-Time / Fill - In- Private Practice - Chicago Heights, IL
Recent grads and experienced optometrists are welcome to apply!
About the Practice
Greenspan Optometric Associates has been serving the South Suburbs of Chicago and the surrounding communities for over 60 years. Our mission is to provide the best possible care to all of our patients.
We are looking for an outgoing, personable, and hardworking Optometrist to join our team on a part-time or full-time basis! No weekends!
About the Optometrist Position
Our new Optometrist will be a key member of our team! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. You will gain full-scope optometry experience in this patient-focused role.
As an Optometrist in our practice, your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular diseases, such as glaucoma
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eye care emergencies
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid IL state license to practice optometry
- Strong communication skills
- Average patient load of 15 patients per day
- Interested in the treatment of various ocular diseases
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
- Technology: You will have all the modern technology you need to be successful, such as Full Lane, Visual Fields, OCT, Pre Testing Equipment, and more!
- Environment & Opportunity: With over 60 years of successful operation, our practice is very well established. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in full-scope optometry, not just refractions!
- Location: As a suburb of Chicago, Chicago Heights is a quick 35-minute drive to downtown Chicago!
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits for full-time optometrist:
- Paid Holidays
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage
If you are interested in the position please email your cover letter and resume to Dr. Kathrine Holmberg at DrHolmberg@GreenspanOptometric.com