Join a state-wide team of providers. We are not agency. We are a 30-year leader in correctional healthcare.
HOURS: Twice/month (temp or perm) - your choice!
FACILITY: East Moline Correctional Center Medical Unit
LOCATION: East Moline, IL
Wexford Health Sources operates the medical and mental health services for correctional centers across the nation. We have been the proud partner of the IL Dept of Corrections for 30 successful years. All people who are incarcerated receive regular medical and mental health services. We need an Optometrist to join a multidisciplinary team of providers to care for patient's needs.
Do you have one or two days/month to earn additional income while helping and entire community?
Earn approximately $18,000 annually plus travel if applicable. That's a great way to pay back loans, take a vacation, pay off a vehicle, etc...
Let's put correctional eye care in better focus:
- Guaranteed hourly rate
- Unique opportunity to practice in ways you never expected
- No overhead, no third-party insurance hassles
- Medical malpractice insurance is paid by the company
- Flexible schedule
- Extra income, extraordinary experience
Wexford Health Sources, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest correctional health care providers. Over the past 30 years, our team of dedicated clinical professionals has helped literally millions of justice-involved patients receive life-changing medical and mental health services.
For three decades, Wexford Health has served the Dept of Corrections as Illinois exclusive medical partner.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
The Optometrist is responsible for examining eyes, administering sight tests, giving advice on visual problems and prescribing and fitting glasses or contact lenses. The proper candidate will also work effectively with patients, medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, administrative and support staff and consulting physicians.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Examines the eyes of patients of all ages to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality and defects in vision.
- Checks for signs and symptoms of general health conditions.
- Communicates with patients to get detailed case histories.
- Uses specialist electronic equipment for diagnosis and testing.
- Writes prescriptions for glasses, contact lenses and other optical appliances.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
LICENSING: Must have a current state Optometry license.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Minimum three (3) years practicing optometry.
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting.
- Must be prepared to provide necessary aid and directed during procedures.