Optometrist - Full-Time - Rockford, Illinois
The Center for Sight & Hearing is a nonprofit, dual-specialty clinic that serves patients' vision and hearing needs in northern and central Illinois. If you are passionate about medical optometry, we would love to have you join our team of specialized experts.
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 430pm
- Flex-time available
- Generous holiday and paid time off
- Excellent fringe benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Relaxed, professional team environment
- Conveniently located just off I-90
About the Position
The Optometrist provides clinical services to Vision Clinic patients, including vision examinations and eye health screenings, prescription of lenses and frames, and referrals to internal and external resources.
- Doctor of Optometry degree from an accredited institution
- Hold an optometry license in Illinois
- Medicaid and Medicare provider eligibility
- TPA and DPA certified
- Experience with pediatric, adult, geriatric, and hard-to-test patients
- Experience with electronic medical records software
- Understanding of hearing loss a plus
- Fluency in a second language a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
Provide comprehensive and state-of-the-art vision services:
- Performs vision examinations and evaluations on patients; writes orders for vision aids; completes charting in a timely fashion according to Medicare and Clinic guidelines; records patient reports; oversees fittings and repairs; oversees the patient’s overall vision health and referrals to internal and external resources; assists with billing of services as needed; meets the professional requirements of Medicare/Medicaid and other payor sources.
- Represents the Center and the Vision Clinic by occasionally performing community and professional outreach on vision issues through presentations, events, and workshops.
- With the Vision Clinic Director, expands vision services to meet regional needs by assisting in the development and evaluation of programs and services to ensure high standards and quality care.
- Keeps current with vision industry best practices, vision research, and state and federal licenses.
This position description in no way states or implies that the above are the only duties to be performed by this employee. This position description is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties.
The Center for Sight & Hearing conducts reasonable background checks for all positions. The Center for Sight & Hearing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.