Optometrist - Full-Time - Multi-OD Private Practice (Potential for Partnership!) - Middleboro, MA
JOIN our great OD TEAM in the OCEAN STATE!
About the Practice
Supportive Colleagues, Industry Leaders Professional, Ethical Practice Setting Tremendous Professional Growth & Support
We have a friendly or cozy practice feel and the volume and challenge of a major eye center. Our Northern RI and Coventry satellites could be a good option for those who are looking for a "smaller feel" community practice. Whether large or small our ODs are accustomed to the questions and feedback that often come with a new associate or optometry extern who adds a nice dimension to our practice and learning environment!
We emphasize safety protocols, exceptional office hygiene, and conscientious care in this challenging time of practice. We are a really great team of 8+ ODs and a talented, dedicated support staff that includes technicians, opticians, and administrators. Opportunities exist in our main practice in East Providence, and in many of our satellite offices providing a varied work environment. We have docs from NECO, SUNY MCPHS, and ICO! We are professionally social, supportive, and a fun group. Graduates range from 1987 to 2023!
About the Position
Leading optometry practice located 2 miles from the heart of beautiful downtown Providence is seeking a Primary Care OD! The best candidate(s) will enjoy an upscale primary care setting with a mix of refractive and medical patients! We do ask each OD to eventually rotate once or twice per week to one of our neighborhood offices that might have an OD schedule one to three days per week.
Applicants are being considered for our strongest satellite is in Middleboro, MA near Middleboro Center. Our satellite partners are well-established practices with a patient base built up for 25 years or more! We would likely bring on an OD based in East Providence and a second opportunity exists for someone based in Middleboro, MA. Our proximity to downtown Providence and our Westminster affiliation with Providence Optical provides a fun alternative once or twice per week. One has a chance to have a "walk to work" or the train station (5-minute walk), as it is 40 minutes by train to Boston and in the middle of the vibrant city life in downtown Providence.
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation package is excellent (and the chance to be an owner or partner for those inclined!)
- Benefit Package includes 401K, Health, Vision, Dental, CE Solid Compensation, Recognition for Top Performers
- 130K to 160K with profit sharing for high producers
- Make your own schedule as we value work-life Balance
Our Ideal Optometrist
Professional success-minded clinician who is serious about their career and committed to excellence. Whether you have one to two years of clinical or residency experience or are just graduating this is a great place to be! Also, an accelerated optional 2 to 3-month "residency" program exists for new graduates until licensure which usually takes until mid to late August. This is an excellent way to multiply your skills and smoothly transition into private practice, master the EHR (Compulink-Custom version), and give you one-on-one training without the pressure to produce.
While you should have an inquisitive mind, a patient-centered focus, and a solid clinical foundation we have a varied enough environment that most OD's can find their way and develop nicely in a low-pressure, professional super-competent environment.
Why You'll Love Our Practice
- Equipment - Technology in our 10 exam room office includes OCT, Fundus and Anterior Segment photography, EASY SCAN, Lipi Flow, and lots more! We see from 5 to 10 "urgent care” patients per day and a diverse, mixed bag of clinical presentations. Specialties include a CL practice featuring MFCL, RGP, CRT, and scleral lenses sprinkled throughout the week. We're a dry eye center, a glaucoma practice and a very busy medical eye care practice rolled into one!
- Full Scope - We do see all ages including pedes and binocular vision, myopia control for those inclined and a visiting cataract surgeon. We see patients of all backgrounds and our city has a fairly large population of population of Spanish speakers, creating a niche opportunity for ODs who are bilingual.
- Great Staff - Our team approach features optometric techs (CPO and CPOA s), opticians, and professional patient care coordinators holding down our front end. We are a successful group of fun, diverse, professional, success-minded ODs and administrators who take a modern approach to caring for our medical and refractive patients. We emphasize quality patient care and relationship-building with all of our patients.
- Professional Development - You will be developed and encouraged to practice at your highest clinical level in a professional, and ethical environment. You will be supported and provided with all of the tools necessary to reach your true potential and become a top-level OD.
The strictest confidence will be honored for those who want to simply inquire. Apply today through Eyes On Eyecare!