OPTOMETRIST - $85+ per hour
Part-time with potential to transition to full-time
Offices in Dearborn, Livonia, Warren, and Ypsilanti
Future partnership or ownership opportunity possible with practice-based financing
- Tech-forward practice
- Future partnership or ownership opportunity with practice-based financing
- $85+ per hour
- New graduates welcome to apply
An excellent opportunity for an Optometrist is now available at Fortney Eyecare Associates, with locations throughout the Detroit metropolitan area.
About Fortney Eyecare Associates
Serving Southeast Michigan and beyond, Fortney Eyecare Associates was established in 1955 with the founding principle that everyone deserves quality eye care at an affordable price. Over the years, this well-respected business has grown to four practice locations in Dearborn, Livonia, Warren, and Ypsilanti. The team of Optometrists takes a patient-centric approach to ensure clear vision for years to come, specializing in in-depth, comprehensive eye exams, ocular disease diagnosis and management, contact lenses, and other vision and eye health services. The business is looking to add an Optometrist to the team to continue growing the practice while preserving the legacy service patients know and expect.
This tech-forward practice utilizes state-of-the-art vision care technology to diagnose and treat a wide array of eye diseases:
- Automated optical equipment and behind-the-scenes functional technology
- Visual field testing, retinal photography, autorefractors, glaucoma testing, and an onsite full-service laboratory
- Computerized instrumentation automatically determines vision prescription to provide patients with the clearest vision possible
- In addition to comprehensive exams, treatment covers the design of lenses, selection of eyewear, dispensing, and the subsequent maintenance and adjustment of both spectacle eyewear and contact lenses
- The practice is the largest supplier of prescription safety eyewear in Southeast Michigan, serving more than 100 industrial clients.
About the Optometrist Opening
Fortney Eyecare Associates is seeking a talented Optometrist to provide high-quality vision care to all patients, ensuring optimal eye health. You’ll rely on your excellent clinical skillset and interpersonal skills to perform comprehensive eye exams, diagnose and assist in treating ocular diseases, handle eye care emergencies, promote healthy vision through patient education, and maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress.
The practice is looking for a customer-service-oriented professional with a strong sense of workplace professionalism, personal ethics, and the ability to communicate with patients of all backgrounds. This is a unique opportunity to care for various patients and conditions while working with other experts in a supportive environment.
As a valued team member, you’ll directly contribute to the continuous development and expansion of Fortney Eyecare Associates. For the right Optometrist, a future partnership or ownership opportunity may be available with practice-based financing—plus, the multi-location practice could be a perfect fit.
To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate leadership, patient communication skills, interpersonal skills, and compassion for patient health and safety. The ideal candidate is eager to develop skills through mentorship with experienced doctors continuously and is willing to integrate new techniques and innovations that improve patient care and services.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry in Michigan
- New graduates welcome to apply
- OCT background is beneficial
The practice rewards its doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits, including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time off
- Retirement plan
- Malpractice insurance
- Licensing fees
- Continuing education allowance
- Future partnership or ownership opportunity may be available with practice-based financing