Shepherd Eye Center - We are searching for a talented and qualified independent optometrist to join our growing practice.
Optometrist Job Responsibilities:
· Conduct eye exams using optometric equipment and general diagnostic interpretation.
· Diagnose and treat ocular disease.
- Pre and post op surgical care
· Prescribe, fit, and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids.
· Recommend appropriate patient follow-up and care options.
· Answer questions and provide advice to patients regarding vision and optical issues.
· Deliver outstanding customer service through all patient interactions.
· Direct staff and assist in the development of the overall practice.
· Applied understanding of general principles of optometry and best practices for the diagnosis and treatment of eye-related disorders and conditions
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to patients of diverse backgrounds
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
· General computer proficiency
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and multitasking ability
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree from an accredited optometry program
· Active state optometry license
· Two-plus years of optometrist experience preferred
About Shepherd Eye Center:
In 1968, Shepherd Eye Center opened in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dr. John R. Shepherd pioneered new techniques and instrumentation that improved the way cataract surgery was performed around the world.
Today, Shepherd Eye Center has five office locations and is nationally-recognized for excellence and advancement in eye care and eye surgery. Shepherd Eye Center performs more cataract surgeries at its on-site surgery center than any other eye practice in the state of Nevada. Our team of trusted ophthalmologists provides unparalleled vision care using the latest medical techniques, surgeries, and the most sophisticated technology.