Optometrist – Full-time – Private practice – 22 Clifton Country Rd, Clifton Park, NY 12065, USA
About Our Practice
We are located in Clifton Park which is a suburban town in Saratoga County. It is 12 miles north of the Capital city Albany and just south of Saratoga Springs. Clifton park offers residents a growing business environment, bustling residential neighborhoods and an excellent growing school district. The practice is in an outdoor mall that is under new ownership and looking to grow.
We have an awesome team with many combined years of experience in the field. You can focus on the patient while our amazing team handles all the billing and scheduling. Our practice has been growing and we have large established patient base that values an in person comprehensive eye exam. If you are a collaborative and forward thinking optometrist looking to join a patient-centered practice where you can thrive, we are looking forward to meeting you.
Our practice also offers amazing hours and a flexible 4/5 day work week. We are closed Sundays and Mondays because a work-life balance is very important and valued. Quarterly team lunches are set up for celebrating successes and discussing plans for the future. We also take Birthdays very serious and always take time to celebrate.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care, and is eager to learn and develop their clinical skillset. Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Holiday Pay
- Sick time
- Vacation days
- Malpractice insurance
- Licensing fees
- Continuing education (CE)
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!