Optometrist – Full-time or Part-time – Ophthalmology practice – 612 University Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
About Our Practice
Syracuse Eye Center is looking for an energetic, caring, highly skilled optometrist who strives to excel in all areas of patient care to join our team in Syracuse, NY. If you are looking to join a small non-corporate medical environment, this is the position for you.
This is an excellent opportunity for a TPA certified Optometrist within a well-established privately owned ophthalmology practice with an on-site optical shop.
Technological capabilities of note include: Auto Lensmeter, Autorefractor, Tono-Pen, Pachymetry, OCT, VF and Non-Mydriactic Photography.
Our doctors, full-time technical, front office, billing, IT and optical shop staff work together to make the practice a long-term success. Low staff turnover and employee retention are very important to the work culture at Syracuse Eye Center.
This position could be full-time or part-time; no late evening, weekend, holiday or call service coverage required. We will work together to build your schedule.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Document history including complaint and relevant symptoms, ocular health, medication usage, medical and family history, current vision aide if applicable, and any other pertinent data.
- Examine eyes using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, coordination and focus. Tests may include subjective refractions, retinoscopy, lensometry, slit lamp examination, visual fields, pupil and mobility testing, gonioscopy, and tear function testing.
- Diagnose diseases and anomalies such as color blindness or glaucoma from exam findings.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plans, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and long-term medical management in patient chart.
- Prescribe and fit vision aides such as contact lenses and eyeglasses.
- Maintain communication with ophthalmology, optical, and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service.
- Provide necessary low-vision rehabilitation and vision therapy to improve visual issues.
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (OD) Degree
- New York State optometric license
- Minimum two years of work experience
- Basic computer skills
- Glaucoma certified
- Certified to use therapeutic pharmaceutical agents
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus incentive
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Sick days
- Vacation days
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Optical shop employee discounts
- Annual eye care wellness exam
- Malpractice insurance
- Medical license renewal fees
- CE allowance
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation expenses
- Parking spot
We look forward to hearing from you!