Optometrist – Full-time – Private Practice – 492 Williamson Rd, Mooresville, NC 28117, USA
Looking for a full-time optometrist--new grad or experienced!
About Our Practice
Private practice family owned and operated established for 30+ years in Mooresville, NC near Lake Norman, just 30 minute north of Charlotte. Our doctors, Dr. Ed Mills and Dr. Christopher Mills, as well as our entire staff, are dedicated to providing our patients with an A+ patient experience. We're looking for an OD to provide full-scope optometry!
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our growing practice! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care, and is eager to learn and develop their clinical skillset. Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a permanent 4-day work week-- 8 am to 5 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays and 8 am to 6:30 pm Wednesdays, with no weekends or Fridays. Doctors only see 16-21 patients a day and have a 1.5hr lunch break to assure that they can maintain a healthy work-life balance. We offer a competitive starting salary of 140k and benefits including CE and health insurance.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!