Optometrist - Full-Time - Private-Practice - Sandusky, OH
We provide sign-on bonuses and/or loan forgiveness.
About the Practice
We are a rapidly growing community of wholly-owned Optical Retail shops that practice Full-Scope Optometry adjacent to a well-run Dispensary. We are building a collection of top small local Optical Retail businesses. The core purpose that unifies all of our Doctors and Associates is to improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time. We are assembling an all-star team of experienced industry professionals to help build the best place to work, shop, invest, and have an outstanding patient experience.
About the Optometrist Position
The optometrist will conduct eye exams and strive to practice to the full capacity of their license. We are seeking someone who will support practice growth by establishing patient relationships and educating patients on eye care. As a member on our team, putting patients first is essential to providing the best experience we can! Our ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, collaborative, focused, adaptable, accountable, and resilient. As an optometrist in our practice, you will be expected to:
- Conduct Eye exams
- Establish long term patient relationships through proper patient care and education
- Perform verbal interview with patient prior to exam to determine health & ocular history, medical issues, reasons for their visit as well their visual wants and needs
- Instruct, recommend & advise patients as to their options for remediation of ametropias, systemic and ocular disease
- Perform vision tests and analyze results
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and medications
- Recommend or provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation (brand specific)
- Provide pre/post-operative care to patients undergoing eye surgery
- Communicate with the opticians & other salespeople for recommendations on the best possible lenses
Compensation & Benefits
We reward our doctors well and will provide a competitive salary, commensurate with experience as well as benefits including:
- 401(k) with Match
- OD License Reimbursement
- Malpractice Insurance
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Valid OH state license to practice optometry
- Strong communication skills
If working alongside a practice that is ready to take the next step forward sounds like a good opportunity to you, apply here through CovalentCareers!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!