About the Practice
Shirley Eye Care is seeking a part or full-time associate optometrist. The candidate will provide comprehensive eye care with a focus and passion for medical optometry. As a well-established, family-owned-and-operated private optometric practice, Shirley Eye Care, has a longstanding history of providing the highest level of eye care in Indiana, Pennsylvania. We consistently deliver personalized care to our community while offering state-of-the-art technology. For additional details: https://www.shirleyeyecare.com/shirley-eye-care-job-posting/
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree (or pending)
- Valid PA state license to practice optometry (or pending)
- Proficient level of understanding in insurance billing basics (further on-site training provided)
- Extensive knowledge in medical management specific to optometry
- Friendly, compassionate personality with a collaborative and positive attitude
Why Work Here
- Opportunity - Voted “Best Eye Care Center in Indiana" for 2022, our team-driven atmosphere excels in the overall patient experience. This position requires critical thinking, collaboration, and communication skills. In return, we provide a great opportunity for professional growth in an expanding and successful practice.
- Environment - All of your talents and capabilities will be strengthened and optimized in this challenging role as a full-scope optometric practitioner. To ensure optimal eye care services, our doctors will have the best equipment available including: - Lipiflow® - Fundus Photography - Topcon Maestro OCT - Pachymetry/Anterior Segment OCT - Humphrey Visual Field - Digital Refractive Systems (5 exam rooms) - Wave Analyzer Medica (WAM) 800 - Topcon DCR-4 Digital Slit-lamp Camera (meibography)
As an optometrist in our practice, you will be able to practice to the fullest scope of your license. You can look forward to exciting day-to-day interactions with patients, including:
- Comprehensive dilated eye care, routine examinations, refractions, and contact lenses
- Same-day appointments for acute ocular issues
- Foreign body removals including rust ring
- Prokera® amniotic membrane treatment
- Fitting custom soft and custom rigid gas permeable contact lenses and scleral contact lenses
- Meibomian gland analysis, and treatment
- Management and treatment of advanced dry eye, ocular surface disease, macular degeneration, glaucoma (as well as surgical co-management), diabetic eye care, and amblyopia
- Keratoconus including cross linking surgery co-management
- Analysis of fundus and anterior segment photography, visual fields, corneal topogoprahy and OCT
- LASIK/PRK consultations
- Surgical post-op care for refractive surgery, cross linking, and cataracts
- Anterior segment photography/videography
- Shirley Eye Care welcomes and will support any new specialty that you may offer!
Schedule & Compensation
At Shirley Eye Care we value work-life balance and treat our employees and patients like family. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages for our employees. Please apply or contact Dr. Shirley to inquire about further details.
Why You’ll Love Our Location
Shirley Eye Care is located in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains, just one hour east of Pittsburgh. It is home to an extensive Rails to Trails system, a variety of yearly festivals along with a small business district full of great restaurants and breweries. Indiana County is home to the Indiana University of Pennsylvania, attended by over 15,000 students, and also has much to offer in hiking, biking, and outdoor activities as well. Our staff is highly trained to support our doctors with pre-testing workups, diagnostic testing and data input, contact lens training, and much more! Shirley Eye Care would like to broaden your medical knowledge and capabilities within our family-owned-and-operated optometric practice.
In our team-driven atmosphere, our doctors and staff work together to achieve great patient outcomes with clinical accuracy and efficiency while working for a positive and differentiated patient experience. Our new 5,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility offers a personal office space for each doctor, six exam rooms, three pre/special testing rooms, a spacious optical, and a fully equipped staff lounge. It is an exciting time to join our growing company.
We look forward to welcoming a fantastic new member of our team! Please apply today on Eyes On Eyecare!