Requisition ID: 825594
Don't take the care of your eyes for granted, trust them to the people who have been caring for eyes since 1961 – Pearle Vision. At every neighborhood Pearle Vision, we believe that from the exam room to the retail floor you deserve genuine EyeCare.
Pearle Vision is also part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica. We are experts who know that every appointment begins and ends with trust. It’s how we stay true to Dr. Pearle’s vision of genuine eye care.
The Associate Optometrist is responsible for creating exceptional value in the lives of our patients by delivering and leading the execution of NECE. Partners with the Store Manager and Field Leadership Team to build and secure a safe and motivating work environment that encourages commitment, innovation, success, and continued growth for the organization
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a 100% commitment to providing excellent Patient/Customer Service through delivering and leading the execution of NECE.
- Assists with greeting patients and answering phones when needed.
- Conducts all service in accordance with Clinical Protocols and accepted standards of care.
- Ensures all patients receive accurate diagnosis and appropriate recommendations.
- Establishes a positive Doctor/Patient relationship.
- Coaches Associate Doctors on clinical protocols (Audits charts as appropriate).
- Communicates effectively with all store associates to ensure a seamless eyecare experience and beneficial patient outcome by:
- Uncovering patients’ multiple needs and prescribing products and services to meet those needs
- Effective transitioning of patients to a sales associate with dialogue regarding the patient’s needs and prescribed products and services
- Focuses on developing the most qualified Associate Doctors and store associates by ensuring training in the following areas:
- Front desk procedures
- Telephone skills
- Contact Lens Training
- Clinical Protocols
- Pearle Certified Eyecare
- Company safety, Diversity, HIPPA, and Loss Prevention
- Leadership and Management
- Encourages associate decision making at the level closest to the patient.
- Delivers clear, motivating, and constructive feedback to Associate Doctors and associates in a timely manner.
- Confronts problem performers directly without delay in conjunction with Store Manager; initiates appropriate disciplinary action when necessary and follows up to monitor progress.
- Partners with Store Manager to complete annual performance reviews for Associate Doctors.
- Provides feedback to the Store Manager for store associates’ reviews.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to achieve total store success.
- Strives to achieve “Far Exceeds Expectations” on all targets set for the following areas:
- Secret shops
- Sales plan % to goal
- Exam growth
- Store profitability
- Ancillary Services/ Adherence to Clinical Protocols
- Key Performance Indicators
- Recruits and selects high caliber staff in conjunction with Store Manager.
- Collaborates with Store Manager to forecast staffing needs accurately based on business trends.
- Adheres to approved staffing and scheduling guidelines.
- Supervises and validates receipt of CL diagnostics and physical inventory.
- Ensures Managed Vision Care claims are processed timely and accurately.
- Takes ownership for ensuring that the doctor’s office supplies and company approved forms are ordered in a timely manner.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the office and store and ensures visual displays are in accordance with company provided guidelines.
- Doctor of Optometry
- Required knowledge of current Optometric technology and practices
- Developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organization and time management skills
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.