Optometrist – Full-time – Private practice – 4620 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919, USA
About Our Practice
Clancy Optical and Spex Eyewear have been serving the Knoxville area with luxury designer eye wear and other optical goods and services for 80 years. For over 25 years, we have leased space to independent optometrist(s) at our locations to better serve our clientele. Our focus is on quality of both services and goods. Clancy Optical and Spex Eyewear no longer accept any insurance, but the independent optometrist will choose what insurances they will accept. Our office staff will help the optometrist schedule appointments, take messages, and provide basic support. We have some equipment, and other equipment is negotiable, if needed. Our stores are open Monday through Friday, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Spex is open on Saturday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The doctor will schedule between the two stores, with a minimum of two days of availability at each location, within these hours, and set the time frame available for each appointment.
Optometrist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for a talented OD to join our well established dispensaries! You'll use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients. The ideal OD candidate is committed to delivering quality patient care, and is eager to learn and develop their clinical skill set. Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Prescribe corrective lenses
- Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
- Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
- Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Optometrist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation and Benefits
As an independent optometrist, you will set your own fees and insurance policies accepted. All monies from the dispensary and optometrist are separate, so your earnings are based on how much you are willing to work, what services you perform, other services you contract out (such as filing insurance), etc. Rent is nominal and includes the space, equipment, utilities, phone and internet, accounts with major contact lens suppliers for trials, and support from our staff as listed above. It is negotiable, according to what equipment we will be asked to provide. Our last full-time optometrist worked approximately 3 1/2 - 4 days per week between the two locations and made about $100,000/yr. Additionally, the owner of the dispensary is willing to negotiate selling the dispensary to the optometrist upon retirement.
Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eye care, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare or contact Steve Clancy at (865) 584-7739!