Requisition ID: 798400
At Target Optical, we help people see and look great – and have a blast doing it! We make caring for people’s vision fun.
There’s always more to see at Target Optical – more style, more fun, and more opportunities to find a career that fits your already-full life. Put your career in focus with us!
The Associate Optometrist (OD) ensures all patients receive the highest quality eye and vision care as well as their general health and well-being. As a primary health care provider, you will use your extensive, ongoing training to examine, diagnose, treat and manage diseases, injuries and disorders of the visual system, eye and associated structures. The OD is a key leader within the organization and practice environment. They will help deliver the brand promise, patient experience and key results through strong collaboration and teamwork within the practice. These behaviors will also support the overall positive results and growth of the practice.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high quality optometric care and services to your patients
- Establish a positive Doctor/Patient relationship
- Conduct all services in accordance with clinical protocols and accepted standards of care
- Ensure all patients receive accurate diagnosis and appropriate recommendations
- Utilize and effectively leverage all available technology to deliver unsurpassed patient and customer experiences
- Work with the store/practice team and Target Optical Field Leadership to build and secure a safe and motivating work environment that encourages commitment, innovation, success and continued growth for the brand
- Ensures the office quality systems are maintained
- Maximizes relationships through leadership, participation and involvement
- Provides clear, motivating and effective training and guidance to team members making use of Company provided programs
- Strives to exceed expectations on all Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and performance expectations
- Helps ensure the brand is known as the leading optical provider within the community
- Graduate of accredited School or College of Optometry
- Licensed to practice Optometry in the State of practice location
- DPA and TPA certified
- Knowledge of current Optometric technology and practices
- Strong communication skills – verbal & listening
Employee pay is determined by multiple factors, including geography, experience, qualifications, skills and local minimum wage requirements. In addition, you may also be offered a competitive bonus and/or commission plan, which complements a first-class total rewards package Benefits/Incentive Information including health benefits, PTO, 401K, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and eyewear discounts.
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, EssilorLuxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner) or email HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
One of the largest ophthalmic companies in the world that provides eyecare professionals job opportunities across many well known brands in employed, sublease, or franchise opportunities in the United States and Canada. Learn more »