JOB TITLE: Optometrist (3 positions available)
OPEN DATE: March 27, 2023 CLOSE DATE: Until filled
Provides vision and eye care education and counseling to patients and records all patient care and procedures in health record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participates in organizational meetings to develop new, modify existing and evaluate medical procedures relative to patient care with the objective of constantly improving and increasing the degree of patient care given to clients.
· Basic optometry duties include examining eyes, using observation, instruments, and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetes, etc.
· Treat visual disorders through prescription of corrective lenses such as glasses, contact lenses or low vision aids, vision therapy, and pharmacological means; treats unusual visual disorders through application of advanced optometric techniques; consult and refer patients to other health care practitioners if additional treatment is necessary.
· Coordinates care and coverage of three optometry offices (Arapaho, Riverton, and Ethete).
· Make appropriate referrals to other specialists or services.
· Performs other duties as assigned to maintain and enhance the operation of the program.
· Doctor of Optometry (OD) from a school accredited by the Council on Optometric Education. Certificates, licenses, registrations.
· Must have a permanent, current, full active and unrestricted license to practice optometry in the United States.
· Must possess a theoretical and practical knowledge of optometry.
· Ability to interact well with other staff and patients, including those of other cultural backgrounds.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check under the Indian Child Protection Act and Family Act (P.L.101-630).
· Current BLS Certification or must be able to obtain it within 60 days of hire.
· Competitive wages (no state or local tax)
· 18 different medical insurance packages
· Dental and vision insurance
· Life insurance
· Retirement plan with 4% match
· Leave Benefits to accommodate all employees’ needs for paid time off for: personal time, sick time, civic responsibilities,
· Up to $25,000 per year student loan repayment program (certain eligibility requirements)
· CME allowances for licensures
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CRITERIA:
· Submit a complete application with supporting documents either online or to WRFCHC Human Resource Department located at 120 North 6th East St (Old DFS Bldg.), Riverton WY. Applicants must submit all supporting documents to be eligible for the position they are applying for.
o Supporting documents: Proof of Covid Vaccination and Booster, Driver’s License, Tribal ID, High School Diploma/GED, Degree or professional credentials, and other supporting documents that verify required qualifications.
o WRFCHC is a mandatory covid vaccine employer. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
· Applicants not living in the local area may submit a cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in lieu of an application as an initial statement of interest for a particular job announcement. However, the applicant must follow-up with an official Wind River Family and Community Health Care job application.
· Applicants who have a current application on file are required to submit a letter of interest for each position in which they want to be considered for. The letter should address how they meet each qualification. Supporting documents must be attached to the letter of interest.
· Telephone calls are not accepted in place of an employment application or letter of interest.
· When the position qualifications require a driver’s license, education, or professional credentials, the applicant must submit copies of certificates, licenses, degrees, and other supporting documentation. Applicants who do not provide supporting documents will be disqualified.
· WRFCHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to a qualified tribal member, then a qualified tribal member of a federally recognized tribe and then other qualified candidate.
o Qualified Indian Preference applicants must provide a copy of their tribal enrollment identification card or a Certificate of Indian Blood.
· Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Refusal will render the applicant ineligible for employment.
For information or questions, please contact Susan Apodaca at 307-856-9281 ext. 120.