Post an Eyecare Job

Find the perfect optometrist, ophthalmologist, optician, or technician for your practice using eyecare's most popular job board.


More optometrists find jobs through Eyes On Eyecare than any company in eyecare

Here’s what’s included when you post your job on Eyes On Eyecare

The largest eyecare partner network

When you post a job on Eyes On Eyecare, we automatically share your job to more than a dozen premiere eyecare and hiring sites—including Vision Monday, Review of Optometry,, Indeed, Google Jobs, and ZipRecruiter.

Email blasts to 1,000s of eyecare pros

Every day, your job will be emailed to new grads and eyecare professionals via the Eyes On Eyecare network. With thousands of new members joining each month, Eyes On Eyecare gets your job in front of an unmatched network of interested eyecare professionals.

Easy-to-use applicant tracking

Stay organized with one centralized dashboard that tracks all of the applicants for your position, including their contact information and resumes. You’ll also be emailed each time a new application comes in so you don’t miss it!

Dedicated account manager

We’re committed to delivering the best hiring experience for eyecare clinics. Your account manager will respond to all inquiries within one hour, help you craft a great job description and provide advice on salary, benefits, and offers.

How to post your job now


Create your account

To get your job posting live, simply click here to create an account.


Build your job listing

Use our intuitive job builder to create the perfect listing for your position.


Accept applicants

Your listing will go live immediately on our eyecare job board. Sit back and watch the applications roll in!


Turn off your job listing

Once you’ve hired, simply turn off your job listing to stop accepting applications or swap it out for another open position.


Why is hiring optometrists so difficult?

In December 2018, we surveyed 669 optometrists to try to understand why so many practices were having trouble hiring. The results were clear.

It's easy for ODs to find jobs

ODs rated the “average difficulty” of finding a job at only 3.5 out of 10. If optometrists are finding jobs easily, that means it’s going to be harder for you to hire.

0.0 Average Difficulty

It doesn’t take long for ODs to find jobs

51% of optometrists found a job before they graduated. The other 49% found a job within 3.5 weeks of graduation. You need to act fast to hire.

0.0 weeks

What’s shaping market demand for ODs?

The 4 Forces Changing OD Employment

Force 1

Supply & Demand

There is a shortage of 9,000 FTE ODs and supply cannot meet a growing patient demand. The number of new optometrists is growing extremely slowly with numbers of ophthalmologists staying flat. This increases demand for ODs and makes hiring more difficult. (AOA & ASCO 2014 Workforce Survey)

Force 2

More patients to treat

The population of individuals aged 55+ will increase by 28% between 2010 and 2020. This means a larger patient demographic who will require medical eyecare for age-related diseases as well as diabetes, cataracts, and macular degeneration. More patients to treat increases demand for ODs. (ROB - State of the Optometric Profession, 2013)

Force 3

More practices

From 2014 to 2017 the top 50 retailers grew their number of physical practices locations by 9.51%. This puts additional pressure on all optometry businesses to compete for talent; small practices in rural areas face the most difficulty. (Vision Monday - Top Optical Retailers Reports)

Force 4


Each year roughly 1,500 ODs enter the workforce and 750 retire. This ratio cannot support the concurrent increase in demand for eyecare services. This creates additional demand for ODs and practice transitions, making hiring more difficult. (ROB - State of the Optometric Profession, 2013)

See how the 4 forces are affecting the supply of optometrists in your area!

Run a check on our database

See how many optometrists are looking in your area right now!

Our recruiters are currently working with optometrists looking for work in your state.

Miguel Delatorre

Meet Miguel Delatorre, your Account Consultant!

Have some questions? Want to get started? Call Miguel today at 858-780-4454, or email him directly at

Ready to post your job?

Get your job live in the next 5 minutes.

Practice owners just like you love using Eyes On Eyecare