Updated: May 25, 2023
CovalentCareers, Inc. dba Eyes On Eyecare ("Eyes On Eyecare," "we" or "us") owns and operates the Eyes On Eyecare platform, located at eyesoneyecare.com, covalentcreative.com and covalentcreators.com (collectively, the "Website"). The Website provides a platform for healthcare professionals and other visitors (“you” and collectively “Users”) to educate themselves, connect with other healthcare professionals, obtain career development services, including but not limited to hosting virtual events, and providing business and marketing services to healthcare companies and other business entities (collectively, the "Services").
- What Information We Collect About You
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share the Information We Collect
- How We Protect Your Information
- User Content
- Fair Information Practices Compliance
- Access to Your Personal Information
- Do Not Track
- Age Restrictions
- Removal of Information
- Mobile Devices
- Data Retention
- Contact Us
- Changes to This Policy
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
As you use the Website and our Services, we will collect information from you directly, automatically, and passively. The types of information that we collect fall under two general categories: personally identifiable information ("PII") and non-personally identifiable information ("non-PII"). PII consists of any information that can be used to specifically identify you as an individual, whereas non-PII consists of aggregate information or any information that does not reveal your identity. This information may be obtained from you, a third party, or through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly
- Information About You. When you register or subscribe to any of our Services, including Virtual Events, we may collect a wide variety of information about you, including PII (your answers to our proprietary questionnaire, your resume, your job listings, your job applications, etc.) and we may use your PII to help connect you with employers, jobs or services you may be interested in, or potential employees for your job listings, as applicable. Our internal recruiting team may contact you directly about these opportunities. Additionally, all information from a Job Seeker account will be viewable by Employers if you apply to the Employer's job listing or direct message the Employer.
- Purchase Information. To process purchases, we may require your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card information. Such information is used primarily to process your order or as otherwise described herein. Credit card transactions are processed through industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and/or strong encryption (3DES) by a third party, which only uses your information for that purpose.
- Emails and Telephone Calls. We require an email address and telephone number from you when you register for our Services. We use your email for authentication, transactional (e.g. order confirmation, refund and renewal processing, applications to job listings, recruiting activities, etc.), and promotional (e.g. newsletters, new product offerings, special discounts, event notifications, special third-party offers, etc.) purposes. E-mail messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the email was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. If you would rather not receive promotional emails from us, you may at any time opt-out using the links within the promotional email itself. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Eyes On Eyecare Services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. We may also contact you by telephone or text message (including to any wireless number you may provide to us) solely in connection with Eyes On Eyecare Services. If you would rather not receive telephone calls or text messages from us, you may ask to be removed from our contact list. If you are an Employer however, we do require a phone number linked to your account to continue to use our Service so that we may provide better customer service to you. We fully comply with the requirements of the U.S. CAN-SPAM Act. We use the GPS location service through your mobile carrier or computer device to help us determine your location. We collect this information and use it to assist in providing our Services. Should you choose to directly contact us, we will collect your name and any contact information you may provide us.
- Demographic Data. Demographic data (e.g., date of graduation, location, desired income, profession, etc.) is also collected at our site. We use this data to tailor our visitors' experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. Some of this information may be shared with advertisers on a non-personally identifiable basis.
- Online Survey Data. We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of our Services. You may also volunteer for certain surveys that we may offer to our Users, and any additional rules regarding the conduct of such surveys will be disclosed to you prior to your participation. We do not link the survey responses to any PII, and all responses are anonymous.
- Virtual Event Attendance Information. By attending any of our Virtual Events you are affirmatively agreeing to share all types of previously mentioned information, including information you provide directly to us as a part of your event attendance.
- Virtual Event Sponsorship Partners. Our Virtual Events contain various sponsorship partners (“Sponsors”). If you choose to engage with any of our Sponsors, in any manner, while at, or in, our Virtual Events you are affirmatively agreeing to provide that sponsor with your information, including information you previously provided to us, as well as any information you provide directly to the Sponsor.
- Third-Party Information. We collect information about you directly from public sources, business partners and all other lawful sources providing such information with or without compensation to such third parties.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain analytic information related to how Users use the Website and our Services. This generally involves the collection of log files. Any time you visit the Website, our servers automatically gather information from your browser (such as your IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, number of clicks, etc.). This information is collected and stored on an aggregate basis.
Information We Collect Passively
- Third-Party Cookies. We may also engage third parties to track and analyze data from the Website and our Services, which we use to help administer and improve the quality of the Websites and the Services, and to analyze usage.
- Web Beacons. "Web beacons" (also known as "clear gifs" and "pixel tags") are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize our website for our Users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers. We do not link the web beacons to any PII.
Rights to Your Information
You may at any time call us at 858.780.4450 or email us at email@example.com to request: (a) access to and/or sharing of your information; and/or (b) complete deletion of your information. Upon such requests, we will comply timely and will not charge for such requests or actions we may take as a result of such requests.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we gather about you for any or all of the following reasons:
- To provide and improve our Services;
- To communicate with you about the Services, our practices, policies, or procedures, or for some other customer or technical support purpose;
- To personalize and customize the Services to better suit your preferences;
- To offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise improve your experiences with the Website and the Service;
- To post comments or statements on our websites or social media pages;
- To detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud.
- To analyze trends, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information;
- To continue our research into successful employment and marketing services;
- To inform our internal recruiting team, which uses your information to offer our Services; and
- For marketing and promotional purposes, provided that you may opt-out of receiving offers and promotions by calling us at the number listed below, or email us at the address listed below.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose the information that we collect in the ways described above, and to comply with the law, and to protect us and other Users of our Website and Services. For example, we may share information with:
- Disclosure to Your Job Applications. As an integral part of providing the Services, we will disclose your account information to the hiring managers for the jobs you apply to. Photos and other account information posted by you will be available to these hiring managers. Specifics regarding information available to the hiring managers for the jobs you apply under the heading "Information about you."
- Third-Party Providers. To help provide or administer the Website and Services, we may disclose the information we collect from you, both PII and non-PII, to third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents, with our without compensation to use from such third-party providers.
- We may also sell information to third parties for their purposes, such as providing you with targeted advertising.
- Business Mergers or Other Legal Proceedings. If we are bought out by or merged with another company, or we are involved in a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. In addition, we may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process.
- Marketing and Advertising. We reserve the right to share identifiable, aggregate or de-identified information about Users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, product development or similar purposes.
- Search Engine. Some portions of your account may be available to search engine crawlers and therefore may appear in internet search results. Because your submissions to the Bio, and other open ended question sections of your account may be publicly available, we strongly encourage you not to disclose PII or contact information in such areas of your account.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We want to make sure that your information is properly protected. To that end, we employ physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the security and integrity of PII, non-PII, and all other information stored in our database. However, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You must take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, keeping your username and password private. You agree that we are not responsible for lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity via unauthorized password activity.
Eyes On Eyecare uses payment services provided by Stripe.com to process payments. Stripe is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. Please visit the Stripe.com security page for a detailed explanation of Stripe security.
CALIFORNIA USERS: Your Rights Under the CCPA if you are a California resident.
|Disclosure of Personal Information We Collect About You||You have the right to know:
|No Personal Information Sold or Used for a Business Purpose||California residents have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the sale or disclosure of your personal information. Importantly, we will never sell or disclose your information, so you will never need to opt-out.|
|Right to Deletion||Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on
receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
|Protection Against Discrimination||You have the right to not be discriminated against by
us because you exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. This means we
cannot, among other things, discriminate via:
Do Not Track
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. Like many websites and online services, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track” you may visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICES COMPLIANCE
If a breach of data occurs with our Website, we will notify you via email within thirty (30) business days of discovering the breach.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access and modify, or delete the personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and navigating to your account settings to modify or delete your account. You can also call us at the number listed below, or email us at the address listed below, and we will assist you with accessing, modifying or deleting your personal information.
The Website and the Service are for those over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. The Website, the Services, and their respective features are not directed at children under the age of 13. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), any information we may receive from Users we believe to be under the age of 13 will be purged from our database. In the event a child under the age of 13 interacts with us in violation of our Terms of Service and provides PII or non-PII, that child's parents or legal guardians may review the information we collect on that child, require us to delete the information from our records, and/or refuse to allow further collection of information by calling us at the number listed below, or email us at the address listed below.
REMOVAL OF INFORMATION AND OPTING OUT
Our partners may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason you can use the following third-party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising:
- The NAI's opt-out platform: https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- The EDAA's opt-out platform: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/
- The DAA's opt-out platform: https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
- Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any PII you submit within the mobile application.
- Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access our site or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system and version information, IP address, and geo-locational information.
- Push Notifications. We send you push notifications if you choose to receive them for notifying you of job applications, letting you know when job applications have been made, someone has sent you a message, or for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications you may turn them off at the device level.
Because many Users tend to use our Services at different points of their career, we retain your personal information for continued service and convenience purposes until you advise us not to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may retain personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, keep accurate records, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements, or for any other legally permissible purpose.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY