Insurance Billing / Patient Care Assistant – Full-time or Part-time – Private practice – 117 W Main St, New Holland, PA 17557, USA
Our well-established, family-owned and operated private optometric practice, Optometric Associates, has a 44-year history of continuous growth in New Holland, Pennsylvania. We consistently deliver state-of-the-art eye care that is affordable to many different individuals. We are seeking to hire an Insurance Biller who is proficient in medical billing and coding! We truly practice full scope medical eye care and will use a competent insurance biller’s skill set to the fullest. Great patient outcomes are very rewarding.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience within the Insurance Billing and Coding platform is required.
- Experience in eye care is recommended but not required.
- Proficiency in understanding medical billing basics (we can help train this with our tried and true billing techniques).
- Highly proficient in electronic health records and other online platforms
- Personable, compassionate individual who can bring a positive attitude and personality to our office environment.
Why Work Here?
Environment: Voted “Best Eye Care Center in Lancaster" for 2021, 2022, and 2023 our team driven atmosphere excels in the overall patient experience. Practicing full-scope optometry is both challenging and rewarding. We would like to make full use of your talents and capabilities with our career opportunity. We encourage our employees to provide ideas for improving the patient experience, work environment, productivity, efficiency, and overall success of the company. We ensure that our doctors and staff have the best equipment available to them so that they can provide their best care, including:
- Digital and manual lensometers
- Latest edging technology with LEXCE® Trend Edging Equipment
- Marco® 6100 and 5100 auto-refractors
- iLux® and Lipiflow®
- Keratograph 5M® Dry Eye Profile
- EyePrint Prosthetics® Certified Practice
- Pentacam HR® Tomography
- Humphrey Visual Field 740i w/ Liquid Lens
- Fundus Photography
- Cirrus OCTa 5000 w/ Angiography and
- Rechiert G3 Ocular Hysteresis
- Anterior segment imaging for advanced CLs
- EyeResolution Diamond Series Slit Lamp
- Zeiss IOL Master 5.4 A-Scan ultrasound
What You’ll Do:
As an Insurance Biller and Patient Care Assistant in our practice, you will be able to impact the lives of the patients that you serve. You can look forward to exciting day to day interactions with patients, including:
- Customer service excellence;
- Maximizing insurance benefits on behalf of the patient;
- Answering patient questions regarding insurance questions;
- Insurance verification of benefits prior to examinations;
- Scheduling patients for procedures and examinations;
- General office duties and support;
- Front desk duties and support;
- Occasional community outreach programs 2-3 times per year (no-cost community eye screenings, retirement home visits, open house at practice)
Schedule & Compensation:
We value work-life balance which means whether you’re working part-time (15-35 hours per week) or full-time (35-40 hours per week) you won’t be scheduled to work weekends. We offer competitive wages and benefit packages for full-time employees including:
- Health Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plans
- Family Vision Care
- Dental benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Salary range starting at $20.00, negotiable rate for hire rate depending on experience and skillset.
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Optometric Associates is conveniently located 1 hour from Philadelphia Airport and major city surroundings. Lancaster City is 25 minutes from the practice and is a thriving metropolitan city with great restaurants, microbrew pubs, and excellent shopping centers in the greater surrounding area. Lancaster City was included in an exclusive 14 destination list of “Best U.S. Places to Travel in 2019” by Forbes Magazine. Lancaster County has much to offer in hiking, biking, and outdoor activities as well.
Our staff is highly trained to support our doctors with diagnostic testing, assisting with dry eye procedures, ocular impressions, foreign body removals, and much more. Did I mention we take no vision insurance?
Optometric Associates would like to broaden your medical knowledge and capabilities with our challenging and rewarding career opportunity in medical eye care. In our team driven atmosphere, our doctors and staff work together to achieve extraordinary patient outcomes with clinical accuracy and efficiency while working for a positive and unique patient experience. We are also currently in the design phase of our new office expansion project from 3600 square feet to 9500 square feet which will provide eight examination lanes, a procedure room, a dedicated contact lens training room, and much more.
One of the things we pride ourselves on is having a great team. We are looking for a great culture fit as well as a long-term solution. While we have grown with some new faces, some of our team members have been with the practice for 20 or more years.
We are seeking the right individual who is looking for a long-term position in a well established, professional, growing practice. This is a career, NOT just a job. If you possess these qualifications, we want YOU!!!
It is an exciting time to join our growing company.
Please forward BOTH your 1.) Cover Letter and 2.) Resumé to Connie Leininger (office administrator) and Dr. Jonathan Andrews (practice owner) to begin a great career in medical optometry.