Ophthalmologist – Full-time – Ophthalmology Practice – Peru, IL
About Our Practice
Our practice has been proudly serving our communities in Peru and Peoria and is well known for the care that we offer. We strive to provide each and every one of our patients with top-notch care, which is reflected in our hard-earned, positive reputation.
Ophthalmologist Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are searching for an experienced and personable Ophthalmologist to join our team! The ideal candidate is a go-getter who has the desire to grow the business and potentially run the business a little down the line! Your regular duties will include:
- Perform comprehensive eye exams
- Perform routine and advanced corrective surgeries to improve eyesight or repair ocular injuries
- Diagnose and assist in the treatment of ocular disease
- Perform therapeutic procedures and biopsies
- Build strong doctor-patient relationships
- Handle eyecare emergencies
Ophthalmologist Job Requirements & Qualifications
- A medical degree in ophthalmology
- Successful completion of an ophthalmology internship/residency
- Valid IL state license to practice ophthalmology
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of patient personalities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Familiarity with injections is a plus
- Self-starter with a desire to grow the business
- General ophthalmology knowledge and comfort working in a clinical setting and performing surgery
Why You’ll Love this Opportunity
Environment: Work with a diverse population of patients using the most modern technology and techniques, including a new topcon OCT, fundus camera at both offices, and a Zeiss camera. You will feel right at home in our friendly, welcoming, and comfortable office environments. Our patient base is 85% medicare age patients, so you’ll have the opportunity to see a diverse range of cases.
Opportunity: We are extremely flexible to our new MD’s needs. For example, we’re looking for our MD to work a couple of days in each office and have a surgery day, though we are open to them doing surgery for half days in two locations, as well. We believe strongly in maintaining a work-life balance, so our Full-Time schedule is 8 AM to 4 PM, Monday-Friday with no weekends! Eventually, there will also be the potential to be a partner at the practice for the right MD!
Location: Peoria, IL is a gorgeous locale that merges the city feel and access to nature, with its abundance of hiking, biking, numerous parks, and activities! These lovely cities are located only 1 ½ hours from Chicago, IL, so there are plenty of exciting locales to frequent in the area while enjoying the comfort of small-town living.
Compensation and Benefits
We reward our doctors with competitive salaries (commensurate with experience) as well as benefits including:
- Medical, dental (for family)
- 401k and after a year of employment we match 3%
- $5,000 for CME per year
- Relocation assistance
- malpractice insurance
- PTO- 15 personal days, 7 days for professional meetings and seminars
We look forward to welcoming you to our team! Apply here through Eyes On Eyecare!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!