Optometrist - Full Time- Full-Scope Care (Great Growth Position) - Bakersfield, CA
*Licensed new grads, and experienced doctors are encouraged to apply!
We are looking for a full-time optometrist at Southwest Eye Care in Bakersfield, Ca. We have been at this location, proudly serving our community for 30 years. We are looking for this doctor to cover 4 or 5 8-hour workdays a week, Mon-Friday only (no weekends), which allows for three-day weekend schedules!
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity:
- Do what you love - We are a full-scope optometric practice that offers dry eye therapy, specialty contact lenses including sclerals, pediatric evaluations, glaucoma therapy, refractive surgery co-management, and other advanced ocular disease therapies, plus a full optical shop with 1,000 frames.
- A well-equipped office - Our practice is equipped with the state of the art diagnostic instruments such as anterior/posterior Cirrus OCT, Oculus Pentacam topographer with WAVE technology, Firefly slit lamp, Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer, and Eidon Widefield Retinal Camera.
Schedule & Benefits
- Competitive pay and benefits - We reward our doctors with competitive pay of $650-$700/day (commensurate with experience and productivity) and the following benefits:
- 2-3 weeks PTO plus all major holidays
- Quarterly optical production bonus
- Malpractice insurance, license fees, all society fees (AOA/COA/KCOS) paid
- 401K with 3% safe harbor
- $2500 CE stipend, plus 4 paid CE days (in addition to PTO)
- Group health insurance plan
- Designated work-up technician and scribe
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Experience with specialty contact lenses is a plus.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply through Eyes on Eyecare® today!