Optometrist - Part-time/Full-time - Medically-Oriented Private Practice (Full-Scope Primary Care and Vision Therapy) - Whiting, IN
New grads and experienced optometrists alike encouraged to apply
Our practice is offering an excellent opportunity for a full-time or part-time optometrist to offer both full-scope primary care and vision therapy services. We are located in Whiting, Indiana– a 20-minute drive to downtown Chicago–and have been serving this progressive small-town community for over 49 years!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree (or pending)
- Valid IN state license to practice optometry (or pending)
- Vision therapy or neuro-rehabilitation background preferred, although we are willing to train these specialities
Why Work Here?
Exposure: Our new OD will have the opportunity to practice to the fullest extent of their license, working alongside our incredible staff to provide:
- Comprehensive eye/ vision evaluations
- Contact lens evaluations and fitting for all contact lenses including scleral lenses
- Full service optical
- Developmental vision evaluations and treatment
- Vision therapy services for learning problems, binocular deficiencies, strabismus, amblyopia, visual processing, and computer vision syndrome
- Vision rehabilitation for patients with concussions, brain injuries, and stroke
- Ocular disease diagnosis and management, including glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye, external ocular diseases, foreign body removal, and retina disease diagnosis.
Environment: Our practice has a highly trained staff and state-of-the-art equipment and is dedicated to providing the highest quality vision care to all patients in a friendly, comfortable, professional atmosphere. We have been recognized by the Northwest Indiana Times newspaper as “Best of the Region Vision Care” for 12 years in a row.
Monday-9-5, Tuesday- 10-5, Wednesday-Closed, Thursday- 9-5, Friday- 9-5, Saturday- 8-12 (required, half day but get paid for full day), Sunday-closed
Compensation & Benefits: We offer a competitive rate, as well as full-time benefits including:
- $500+ per Diem
- Production Bonus
- Paid Vacation Time
- Medical + Dental and Life insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- State and AOA Dues
- License renewal
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Continuing education expenses
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Whiting is a beautiful city nestled right along the shore of Lake Michigan in the suburbs of Chicago. This community-centric and welcoming locale boasts award-winning schools, gorgeous residential opportunities, family attractions, and a thriving downtown adorned with quaint shops, a historic movie theatre, a micro-brewery, and a wide variety of cuisine– all within walking distance!
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare®!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!