Optometrist - Full Time - Full-Scope Care - Washington, NC
*Class of 2022 graduates, new grads, and experienced doctors are encouraged to apply!
At our all-female OD-owned practice, we thrive at building long-term relationships through excellent eye care and unforgettable customer service to the residents of Eastern North Carolina! Each of our doctors brings diversity in how we treat patients and how we interact. This is an exciting upcoming position opening in September 2022 for an optometrist who is looking to practice full-scope and have the opportunity to work alongside experienced doctors and staff!
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity:
- Do what you love - No selling, no phone calls–just routine and medical eye exams! You’ll have the opportunity to practice to the fullest extent of your degree, seeing glaucoma, dry eyes, diabetic retinopathy, cataracts, and foreign body removal–we see it all. Our standard patient load is 60% medical 40% routine.
- Friendly, experienced staff - Our staff is close-knit and extremely knowledgeable. We speak with one another try to assist each other whenever possible. We have 3 techs so that no one is ever waiting as well as front desk support–altogether there are 15 employees to support the doctors!
- A lovely location - Located at the junction of the Tar and Pamlico rivers, the "original Washington," is a charming town known for its incredible history and historical locations, eclectic blend of boutiques, restaurants, and attractions, and for being home to the North Carolina Estuarium, the state's only environmental education center devoted exclusively to interpreting the ecology and science of estuaries.
Schedule & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance - We believe strongly in work-life balance, so our staff only works 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Thursdays and 8 AM to 12 PM on Fridays, with no weekends! We only schedule 3 patients an hour–at most 4 an hour with a follow-up– and never more than 25 patients in a day so that our doctors and staff can always provide their best care!
- Competitive pay and benefits - We offer a competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses, and a benefits package including:
- 20 days of PTO
- $2,500 stipend for CE
- 3 days for CE
- 8 holidays
- Licensing fees
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree or pending
- An NC Optometry License
- Compassion and rapport building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Punctual and thorough work ethic
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply through Eyes on Eyecare® today!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!