Carlson Eyecare Centers is a growing multi-office optometry practice based in East Tennessee. Our philosophy is simple: We provide premium quality eye care services, promote healthy and sustainable lifestyles, and contribute to our local community. We work with our business partner, Essilor Luxottica, to fill our patients’ eyewear needs.
Do you want to practice somewhere that a doctor can be a doctor? We are seeking a new full time Optometrist to join our team! We don’t push sales or limit the treatment and management of our patients. We empower our doctors to treat and manage our patient’s vision and lifestyle by prescribing based on their own individual needs. These positions are full-time opportunities (we will consider part-time) with a typical patient load of 20-25 per day. Candidates with experience in dry eye or glaucoma is a huge plus and will be highly considered!
What You'll Do:
• Perform comprehensive eye exams
• Diagnose and treatment of ocular disease, myopia management, glaucoma, and more
• Prescribe corrective lenses
• Provide pre- and post-operative care to surgical patients
• Promote healthy vision by counseling and educating patients
• Maintain detailed patient records regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, and progress using EHR - Revolution
• Handle eye care emergencies
What You'll Bring: Our new OD will be a welcoming addition to our team! You will use your clinical and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients.
• Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
• Valid state license to practice therapeutic optometry
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong sense of workplace professionalism and personal ethics
• Customer-service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal OD candidate has great communication skills, leadership skills, and is confident in their skill set.
Why You’ll Love Us: We practice full scope Optometry.
- Environment: This is a unique opportunity to be part of an amazing culture and where professional growth is highly encouraged. We support our ODs by allowing them to do what they love doing most, helping people through the gift of vision. Our goal is to be the industry leader in eyecare and eyewear by concentrating on a patient-centric approach in providing a new standard of quality, convenience, and innovation in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Technology: Our focus in optometry is technologically driven, and we strive to remain at the forefront of eye care consistently. We employ the best tools for our doctors to use, such as Optomap, OCT, Meibography, LipiFlow, Tear Care, Topography, and Wavescan, Anterior Segment camera, and more!
- Location: Located along the Tennessee Rivers in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Johnson City are all wonderful, growing towns with abundant outdoor activities!
We want our employees to grow with us! We encourage our doctors to take advantage of any and all opportunities for professional and personal development by improving their skills and learning something new every day. Our employees are our greatest resource. There is immediate availability! This position(s) offers a solid team dedicated to success, a competitive salary with bonus structure, malpractice insurance, medical insurance, HSA, 401K /IRA, and vacation pay.
Thank you for your interest in working for Carlson EyeCare Centers. We appreciate your time and review each and every resume that is submitted.
If you want to practice the profession of optometry as you have always envisioned, then look no further and contact the Carlson Eyecare Centers. We look forward to meeting you! If you are interested in hearing more, please call me at 423-292-6312
Torrey Carlson, O.D.
Job Type: Full-time Pay: $145,000 to $190,000 a year.
- Health insurance monthly premium paid by employer.
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching.
- Health savings account.
- Vacation pay.
Rotational schedule with other associate doctors. Some weekends required.
Do you want to practice somewhere that a Doctor can be a Doctor? We don’t push glasses sales or limit the treatment and management of our patients. We empower our doctors to treat and manage our patient’s vision and lifestyle by prescribing based on their own individual needs. Learn more »