Optometrist - Full-time - Medically-Oriented Private Practice - Cedar Bluff, VA
*May 2022 graduates, recent grads, and experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
We are a growing multi-location private practice with locations in southwest Virginia and northeast Tennessee with a strong emphasis on medical optometry. We have a growing patient base and enjoy seeing a wide range of patients from infants to senior citizens. We are looking for a Full-Time Optometrist to join the practice!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree (or pending)
- Valid VA state license to practice optometry (or pending)
- A clinically sound doctor who can do primary care.
- We are seeking an optometrist with both great clinical skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Our ideal hire is an optometrist eager to provide great eyecare in a patient-focused environment.
Why Work Here?
Exposure: You will gain exposure to a wide range of eye care and vision needs in our full-scope practice with an emphasis on medical optometry. Our doctors typically have their schedules split 50-50 between primary care and medical, such as treating, diagnosing, and managing diabetes, glaucoma, and macular degeneration. Additionally, if our new OD is interested in bringing a specialty to the office, we are very amenable to that– several of our existing associates have also developed niches within the practice around scleral contact lenses and low vision!
Environment: Our new OD will always have a robust team supporting them every day. They will be working alongside other ODs, technicians, and front desk associates, and all providers have a scribe as well to allow them to focus their attention on the patient at hand. Likewise, they will have everything they need to be successful with our state of the art technology, including:
- Automated Digital Phoropters
- Wide-angle retinal imaging
- Keratograph 5M with Jenvis Dry Eye reporting
- Dark Adaptometry
- Macular Pigment Density testing
- Lipiview and Lipiflow
Schedule: We value work-life balance - which means our schedule has no weekends and no nights! Our full-time doctors work a standard 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Fridays. We only schedule 2 patients an hour to ensure that our doctors can provide their best care as well!
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Paid Health insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Continuing education stipend
- State and Association dues paid by practice
- Licensing and malpractice fees paid by the practice
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
We are community-focused practice and are active members of the lovely town of Cedar Bluff in Tazewell County, Virginia. Cedar. With green, lush wildlife beyond compare, and a safe, welcoming neighborhood, Cedar Bluff is the perfect town to put down roots and build your career!
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare®!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!