Optometrist - Full-time - OD/MD Medical Private Practice (Great Bonus Structure) - Fairfax and Alexandria, VA
*Recent grads and experienced optometrists are encouraged to apply!
We are a private OD/MD practice that is well respected in the Fairfax and Alexandria communities. We handle a high volume of surgery.in our community and are searching for a fantastic new OD to join and practice full-scope care.
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree (or pending)
- Valid VA state license to practice optometry (or pending)
- Interest or familiarity with dry eyes is beneficial, as dry eye is a big deal here and we have the equipment to treat dry eyes including a liposcan.
- Familiarity or experience fitting scleral lenses or more complex contact lenses is a benefit
- A residency is not necessary but would be great
- Our ideal candidate has a lively, welcoming personality and an honest and dependable work ethic
Why Work Here?
Exposure: You will gain exposure to a wide range of eye care and vision needs in our full-scope practice with an emphasis on medical optometry. Our ODs see some of the MD’s post-operative care in addition to providing comprehensive routine and medical care. Our MD is a cornea specialist, and our patient base has significant glaucoma and cataract population.
Environment: As an OD in our practice you will have the support of a full staff comprised of technicians, another OD, and front desk support. We are equipped with an OCT, liposcan, topography, and any equipment our physicians need to practice full scope.
Schedule: We value work-life balance - which means our schedule has no weekends and no nights! Our full-time doctors work a standard 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday. Our OD will work 50% of their time at each location.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a 15% bonus. Benefits include:
- Provide half of the health insurance, malpractice, and licensing fees
- CE and travel after two years
Why You’ll Love Our Location:
Fairfax is a six-square-mile independent city in the heart of Northern Virginia that boasts a vibrant art and cultural scene with a sophisticated urban vibe. And for a breath of fresh air, its collection of more than 400 wide-open parks, gardens, and natural outdoor escapes provide plenty to enjoy for nature lovers. With more than 250 years of history and hospitality to its credit, the beautiful city of Alexandria offers an array of historic and cultural attractions.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply today through Eyes On Eyecare®!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!