Optometrist - Part-Time/Full-Time - Full-Scope Care (No Weekends Necessary) - Virginia Beach, VA 23452
*Licensed new grads, and experienced doctors are encouraged to apply!
We are a thriving private practice providing pediatric optometry and pediatric ophthalmology, with two onsite pediatric optical shops. Our practice has been serving children for more than 40 years and is well-established and highly respected. Our goal is to provide all our patients with excellent care in a warm, friendly environment, and we’re looking for a new optometrist to care for our community!
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity:
- Do what you love - No sales or optical is required of the OD! Our ODs primarily provide primary care, including referrals from failed vision tests, contact lenses, and help with some patients that have been helped by our MDs, as well as some research with MDs if you enjoy that! We regularly order and interpret neuro-imaging and lab work to benefit diagnostic and treatment processes. Communicate with and co-managed patients with ophthalmology, rheumatology, neurology, and other pediatric specialists. Refer and evaluate patients for PEDIG research studies investigating conditions that affect pediatric ocular and visual health and development.
- Incredible population - The patient population consists of a large proportion of patients requiring medical management including, but not limited to, amblyopia, strabismus, uveitis, and inherited retinal diseases, as well as systemic conditions such as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, autism, genetic disorders, and sickle cell disease.
- A fantastic office - We use an electronic medical record system designed specifically for pediatric eye care. Both office locations have 10+ exam lanes with 3 exam rooms dedicated to each OD. We have OCT, EHR, visual fields, fundus camera, tonometers, slit lamps, phoropter, autorefractor– all the equipment needed to practice full-scope care for pediatrics. Our optometrists see 3 patients per hour and enjoy a friendly, collaborative work environment. Both offices have an onsite optical shop staffed by an experienced pediatric team. We have an in-house optical finishing lab as well!
- A lovely location - We have 2 ODs and 2 MDs, technicians, front desk that you will be working alongside. At our pediatric specialty center doctors manage an interesting variety of pediatric cases, from routine exams and failed vision screenings to chronic diseases and rare genetic conditions. The ODs typically see age 2 and up but if they want younger we work with them if they are comfortable. We have beautiful, modern offices with excellent pediatric support staff. Our highly trained techs work up all patients and dilate.
Schedule & Benefits
- Competitive pay - Benefits include CME, health and dental insurance, 401(k), and paid time off, malpractice, licensing. For the right candidate, we can do a sign on bonus or relocation bonus
- Great Work-Life Balance - Full-Time availability is our first choice but we would be open to Part Time for the right candidate for at least 2-3 days. The clinic has regular Mon-Fri clinic hours– 8:30-5 or 5:30 PM– that we can adjust if you need certain hours. Weekend work is not required!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree
- Valid state license to practice optometry
- Pediatrics interest and experience is great but we are open to training new grads with pediatric exams
- Our ideal candidate is comfortable with families, from tantrums to squirmy kids
- Good optometric knowledge and judgment
- Good team player and can get along well with others
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply through Eyes on Eyecare® today!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Priti!