Virginia Pediatric Eye Center is seeking a Doctor of Optometry to join our growing practice. If you enjoy working with children and would like a practice with a cutting edge clinical environment, schedule flexibility, competitive compensation, and regular hours Monday – Friday with no weekends, we might be a good fit for you.
About our practice
Virginia Pediatric Eye Center is a thriving private practice providing pediatric optometry and pediatric ophthalmology, with two onsite pediatric optical shops. Our practice has been serving children in Hampton Roads for more than 40 years and is well established and highly respected. Our goal is to provide all our patients with excellent care in a warm, friendly environment.
- Location - Offices are located in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, Virginia. The open position is based at our Virginia Beach office in the Town Center area with upscale restaurants, shopping, theater, and other amenities within a one-mile radius.
- Patient population - At our pediatric specialty center doctors manage an interesting variety of pediatric cases, from routine exams and failed vision screenings to chronic diseases and rare genetic conditions.
- Clinical team and work environment - We have beautiful, modern offices with excellent pediatric support staff. Our highly trained techs work up all patients and dilate. We use an electronic medical record system designed specifically for pediatric eye care. Both office locations have 10+ exam lanes with 3 exam rooms dedicated to each OD. Our optometrists see 3 patients per hour. Our doctors enjoy a friendly, collaborative work environment, and both offices have an onsite optical shop staffed by an experienced pediatric team. We have an in-house optical finishing lab.
- Work Schedule - The clinic has regular Mon-Fri clinic hours. Weekend work is not required.
- Research - Our doctors are active in several funded research studies, and we have many years of involvement with PEDIG, an NIH-funded research center searching for better ways to treat pediatric eye diseases.
- Doctor of Optometry
- Virginia license, or ability to obtain a Virginia license
- Pediatric experience and interest is needed. Fellowship is not required.
- Recent grads and experienced ODs are encouraged to apply.
A base salary of $110,000 - $130,000, dependent on experience and qualifications, plus productivity and research bonuses which can increase compensation 20-30+%. Benefits include CME, health and dental insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Please email a letter of interest and CV to Dr. Eric Crouch at email@example.com. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence. Whether you are looking for your first opportunity in eyecare, or you’re an experienced optometrist looking to take the next step in your career, we look forward to welcoming you to our team!