Optometrist - Full Time - Full-Scope Private Practice - Newport, WA- No Weekends!
*Upcoming 2024 graduates, recent grads, and experienced doctors are encouraged to apply!
Since 1990, our practice has served as a dedicated and caring provider of quality vision services to the communities surrounding Colville and Newport. We leverage advanced diagnostic technology to provide modern eye care services, including comprehensive eye exams, vision correction, and more. This is an exciting position for an optometrist who is looking to practice full-scope!
Why You’ll Love This Opportunity:
- Do what you love - Our doctors offer 12 comprehensive eye exams a day alongside techs who do pre-testings and workups, allowing them to provide their best care and thorough time to every patient. As an OD at our practice, you will have the ability to practice full scope and practice medical optometry, such as managing pre and post-op management, cataracts, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy. We have the equipment necessary to offer comprehensive care, including:
- Manual phoropter
- Friendly, experienced staff - You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from 2 other ODs for a few days every week and will have the full support of the office staff and optical team to support you! Additionally, if you’re interested in having a more diverse work week, you can float between our stores in Colville and Newport, or work solely at one!
- A lovely location - Newport is the largest city in Pend Oreille County, situated in the northeastern corner of Washington, nestled along the Pend Oreille River at the Washington-Idaho border approximately 40 miles north-east of Spokane. Newport has tons of unique historical places for the history lovers, rides and attractions for families, and collectible events and livestock exhibitions at the local fairgrounds. This is a lively city with a close community--the perfect place for families!
Schedule & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance - We know the importance of maintaining a healthy schedule, so our full-time hours are 8 AM to 5 PM Monday to Thursday and Friday 8 AM to 2 PM–NO WEEKENDS!
- Competitive pay and benefits - We pay in two ways, either a competitive salary plus benefits OR entirely production plus benefits. We offer 16% of gross receipts calculated every 2 weeks.We offer a benefits package including:
- $1,500 towards continuing ed
- $5,250 per year towards students loans
- Medical insurance benefits
- 401K with 4% match
- And we are open to a buy-in opportunity for our ODs down the road!
What You’ll Need:
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree (or pending)
- A WA Optometry License (or pending)
- Compassionate and thorough care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An entrepreneurial nature and desire to grow the business
- Familiarity with specialty contact lenses a plus but not required
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply through Eyes on Eyecare® today!
Interested in this job? Get in touch with Christine!